Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door handle noise diagnosis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Passenger handle presents but won't open. The inside handle works. Something is cycling and makes a faint noise when the door is open, would this be a broken paddle gear? Working 12 hour days so don't want to take it apart until I have the required parts. 2014 S85

I'm sharing this from another door handle post. My rear passenger handle made a noise and didn't present so I placed an order for the repair kit that comes with the paddle gear, door clips, etc.

When I opened it up expecting to replace the paddle gear...

Attachments

• 1695685939355.JPEG
    1695685939355.JPEG
    411.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 1695685940144.JPEG
    1695685940144.JPEG
    519.7 KB · Views: 39
Having same/similar issues. Problem now is that the door tries to "open" as warning sign shows open door as soon as put in "D". Put in service call with Tesla for a 9 day wait time for repair/replacement. My handles are wrapped so will need to get that done after. Car is almost offensive. Curled up Driver seat while i was in it to the extent it tried to crush me to the steering wheel. Not sure if this is related but just painful...Hope your find a solution.