Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door misaligned

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. I’ve had my Model Y for a few weeks now. I’ve noticed the doors are misaligned by about 3/8 of an inch. Is something Tesla would fix?

A1F22149-4A7A-4789-AA80-99BF8683AB0D.jpeg

Hate to break it to you but from what I've seen / read, if you're OCD about a minor misalignment like this, Tesla isn't the automaker for you :)

Jokes aside, wouldn't hurt to file an issue with Tesla and see if they can line that up better.

Reactions: Canyonero
If the door opens and closes properly I wouldn't worry about it. If Tesla Service agrees to adjust the door be prepared for paint being stripped from the bolts that attach the door to the vehicle, potentially other damage to the vehicle. Unless absolutely necessary you are ahead of the game the fewer interactions with Tesla Service (not that Tesla Service does is incapable of providing quality service.) There are too many ways for a simple adjustment/repair to go sideways.

Reactions: andaconda
My driver side door is the same - I decided to live with it since the Service Center in my area are terrible.
I would suggest just visiting them to say hello with some donuts and sausage rolls. Make friends. Then on the 3rd or 4th visit, causually ask them to take a look at the door. Ask them if its something you need to be concerned about. I guarantee you they will help you.