Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Rear Hatch Leak ****Fix****

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I hope this helps someone. My 2023 Model Y long range built in Fremont had a leak that was coming from the rear hatch. I made an appointment with the service center, but before I dedicated a whole day to taking it down to the service center and it taking who knows how long to possible get it fixed, I figured I would give it a shot. See pictures of the leak. I did a bunch of research and found a lot of different possibilities. ranging from misalignment, missing gasket, missing sealant, and technical service bulletins.

The Fix..... Long story short the rear hatch is is build in two peaces. I'll call it the upper where the glass is and the "spoiler" part. The lower is from where the hatch button is down to the bumper. There is a very thin seems that runs the width of the hatch. Just to the right of the left break light there was a crazy small seem crack along the caulking. See pictures.

Any questions let me know. I tried attaching a video but that didn't work.

Attachments

• IMG_4499.PNG
    IMG_4499.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_4563.jpg
    IMG_4563.jpg
    715.4 KB · Views: 60
  • tempImagexTnorJ.png
    tempImagexTnorJ.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4569.PNG
    IMG_4569.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4570.PNG
    IMG_4570.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 60
Hello,

I hope this helps someone. My 2023 Model Y long range built in Fremont had a leak that was coming from the rear hatch. I made an appointment with the service center, but before I dedicated a whole day to taking it down to the service center and it taking who knows how long to possible get it fixed, I figured I would give it a shot. See pictures of the leak. I did a bunch of research and found a lot of different possibilities. ranging from misalignment, missing gasket, missing sealant, and technical service bulletins.

The Fix..... Long story short the rear hatch is is build in two peaces. I'll call it the upper where the glass is and the "spoiler" part. The lower is from where the hatch button is down to the bumper. There is a very thin seems that runs the width of the hatch. Just to the right of the left break light there was a crazy small seem crack along the caulking. See pictures.

Any questions let me know. I tried attaching a video but that didn't work.
This seems like a very similar problem to what I'm experiencing. What did you do to resolve it?

This seems like a very similar problem to what I'm experiencing. What did you do to resolve it?
Mine took three times to fix. Finally fixed in Feb. The service center completed the hatch leak TSB twice which didn't fix the leak. They finally found that the urethane seal for the window on the rear hatch was not set correctly in production. They replaced the rear hatch window and that has fixed the leak.

• Informative
Reactions: cwhite51