Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Doors Hard to Close

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had this issue when I got my refresh a few weeks ago. Coming from a 2018 MS, I found that I frequently had to make 2 attempts to close the front driver's side door, and the front passenger's side door took enough of a slam that even the person at the delivery center thought maybe it needed adjustment. The tech at the delivery center said that they can adjust the doors, but suggested giving them a bit of time to bed in. I got the same advice here on the forum.

After a few weeks, the driver's door is fine (or I just got used to closing it harder?) and the passenger side is much better too. So maybe it's not normal but it's definitely not unheard of and at least in my case, it resolved itself after a while.

• Love
Reactions: NaughtyGarfiel
I had this issue when I got my refresh a few weeks ago. Coming from a 2018 MS, I found that I frequently had to make 2 attempts to close the front driver's side door, and the front passenger's side door took enough of a slam that even the person at the delivery center thought maybe it needed adjustment. The tech at the delivery center said that they can adjust the doors, but suggested giving them a bit of time to bed in. I got the same advice here on the forum.

After a few weeks, the driver's door is fine (or I just got used to closing it harder?) and the passenger side is much better too. So maybe it's not normal but it's definitely not unheard of and at least in my case, it resolved itself after a while.
That's great to hear as this is my very first Tesla and was worried why I need to use force to close the door properly. Other manufactures does not exhibit these type of issues, so I was worried there might be a misalignments some where.

Famous Tesla build quality. Every Model S I had required a different amount of force to close the doors. To this day, when my wife shuts the doors in my model S I have to keep reminding her that this is my car, so close gently, as her Model S requires a whole lot harder slam (it's newer too).

PS> LOL, When I first read the OP, I read "I just took EQS delivery..." . For a moment there I though the EQS has finally started delivering in the US, and started thinking about making calls this weekend to test drive one.