Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My garage door closed while I was was backing out of my garage and damaged tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome to the club, this happens to me 3 times in 7 years. First, just a nick to the lift gate glass, second time, the garage door was damaged, third times , just two weeks ago, the lift gate glass was cracked and the garage door also slightly damaged. I permanently disabled the auto feature. In each instance, it is because the mechanism is a dumb toggle, if it didn’t open when I returned home and I manually open it, then not sure if it is a delay or what, it sends a signal which closes the .

Attachments

• IMG_0560.jpeg
    IMG_0560.jpeg
    379.9 KB · Views: 8
Welcome to the club, this happens to me 3 times in 7 years. First, just a nick to the lift gate glass, second time, the garage door was damaged, third times , just two weeks ago, the lift gate glass was cracked and the garage door also slightly damaged. I permanently disabled the auto feature. In each instance, it is because the mechanism is a dumb toggle, if it didn’t open when I returned home and I manually open it, then not sure if it is a delay or what, it sends a signal which closes the .
Why on earth did you leave it engaged after the first time?? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times. . . .I'm a masochist!!