Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Doors keep unlocking after I leave my car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine just started doing that today. I'm currently downloading the holiday update so hopefully that fixes it. I was in Home Depot today when I got a message my car alarm had been triggered. I opened the app to look at the cameras as i was walking back to the entrance of the store and realized my doors were unlocked. I always wait to hear the horn honk when i get out as I walk away to make sure it locks. I got to the doors of the store and could hear my horn going off. I go back to the app to turn it off and manually lock the doors to shut off the alarm and see my drivers rear door was open so now I'm running out to my car. I get out there and sure enough the rear door was open about 10" or so. I looked through the car to make sure everything was there which it was fortunely and then went in to sentry mode on the screen to see what I could see. Nothing in any of the 4 events that it caputured and the rear door was closed in all of them. So somehow someone got that close to my car, opened the door and left without the car recording even witht the alarm going off. I went to a friends shop to show him my latest upgrades and never got closer than 10' to the car while we were talking, the mirrors stayed retracted like it was locked and get a message from the app that my doors are unlocked. just got home and finally got the update to download so waiting on that but while i was in my house it unlocked again. I hope the car rebooting with the new update fixes it. It's freaking me out. I'm out of warranty already so hoping I don't need to do a service call. Good luck. Try rebooting perhaps in the meantime.

Any chance you’re using the Tesla Home Screen widget on your phone? I know it’s a long shot but I’ve had my frunk open before because I had not locked my phone before i put it in my pocket and the ”open frunk” widget icon got pressed while in my pocket.