Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how to use mobile app to unlock all doors from outside the vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think you understood the passage. Press the unlock button in your app a second time. It may also require a double tap.

"To unlock the remaining doors, long press the button located at the top of the interior driver door handle, use the touchscreen, mobile app or press the key fob a second time."
Correct. Using the app, once the drivers handle is presented, the second tap is a double tap. A second single tap will lock the drivers door. I just did it and it's working consistently now using a second double tap for the rest of the doors.

Ok, problem solved. The first time, when the app shows the locked padlock icon, tap it once to present just the drivers door handle, THEN quickly double tap the icon AGAIN to present the other three handles. Pressing one more time locks the doors. It works consistently now for me.
Thanks for testing this, that sounds exactly like what the manual is saying. I guess the issue is just figuring out the correct timing and amount of taps.

I just tried it again, and remember this is my M3, not MS. All software up to date.

From the mobile app button bar (4 buttons of choice below the car icon on main app page), pressing the lock icon once from the mobile app unlocks only the drivers door. If I then immediately double tap the icon, it locks then unlocks, but only unlocks drivers door. Long pressing the lock icon only brings up the edit screen to move around the icons. So while in the Driver Door Unlock mode, there is no way to unlock the other doors from the app.

I then was thinking maybe I was using the wrong app screen/icon. So from the Controls screen of the app, the unlock button is in the center of the glass roof of the car image. Pressing this button works exactly the same as pressing the button as described in my previous paragraph, the only exception being that long pressing does not do anything. So still no way that I can find to unlock the other doors from the app.

I just tried it again, and remember this is my M3, not MS. All software up to date.

From the mobile app button bar (4 buttons of choice below the car icon on main app page), pressing the lock icon once from the mobile app unlocks only the drivers door. If I then immediately double tap the icon, it locks then unlocks, but only unlocks drivers door. Long pressing the lock icon only brings up the edit screen to move around the icons. So while in the Driver Door Unlock mode, there is no way to unlock the other doors from the app.

I then was thinking maybe I was using the wrong app screen/icon. So from the Controls screen of the app, the unlock button is in the center of the glass roof of the car image. Pressing this button works exactly the same as pressing the button as described in my previous paragraph, the only exception being that long pressing does not do anything. So still no way that I can find to unlock the other doors from the app.
I just went out to set the driver door setting on my Model 3 (I don't use this personally because I would find it extremely annoying) just for testing.

Unlocking the passenger doors using the app unlock button a second time only works after the driver door is unlatched. So if you don't want to walk over, you would have to press the unlock button, press the unlatch door button in the app (you can do so under the customize button menu you found by long pressing if you don't frequently use it), driver door will unlatch, then press the unlock button again to unlock the passenger doors.

I just went out to set the driver door setting on my Model 3 (I don't use this personally because I would find it extremely annoying) just for testing.

Unlocking the passenger doors using the app unlock button a second time only works after the driver door is unlatched. So if you don't want to walk over, you would have to press the unlock button, press the unlatch door button in the app (you can do so under the customize button menu you found by long pressing if you don't frequently use it), driver door will unlatch, then press the unlock button again to unlock the passenger doors.
Thanks @stopcrazypp! That works perfectly. With the car locked, walk up and single press the unlatch icon, then double tapping the unlock button will unlock the other doors.

Reactions: Abraham