Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Download Hourly Energy Data from Powerwall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a less manual way - use a Python script that talks to the Tesla Owner API and pulls the data down. There are a number of different ones on GitHub, TeslaPy is probably the most widely known one. However you do need to be a little bit coding literate to use them.

The other advantage of this method is you get the data to 3 decimal places of kilowatts instead of one decimal place via the manual download method.

I have all the 5 minute data since my PW2 was installed in 2019. Nearly half a million rows of data now. I also pulled out the historical State of Charge (SoC) data once Tesla introduced the feature in the App - and you could also pull that data right back to inception. So it must have always been there, the App just made it available as part of the update that introduced the daily PW2 SoC charts.

I have found my PW2 data has very close agreement with the solar export stated on my electricity bill, OK agreement with the electricity used at peak and off-peak times (within a few percent) but it has been way off with my shoulder usage by more than 10%. And I have no idea why that is.
@Vostok and others - This is my last post since I don't have anything to contribute to the forum but if you are interested in sharing some of your Powerwall's 5-minute interval data, please email me at [email protected] and we can continue the chat there. This data is the final piece in a whole home energy optimization simulation we are building that will inform a new product offering in the clean energy/virtual power plant space. Your help is greatly appreciated. See below for example of the data I'm looking for - really only interested in the datetime and powerwall columns. Thank you!

1710445610756.png