Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trying to convert downloaded data to kwh to match SCE data

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have downloaded the data from the Tesla App. All values are in 5-minute increments and in kilowatts. The data in SCE is in 15-minute intervals and in kilowatt hours. Here is what the data looks like for both:
1670435149992.png

1670435175109.png

How do I convert the downloaded data from the app to kWh?

I have downloaded the data from the Tesla App. All values are in 5-minute increments and in kilowatts. The data in SCE is in 15-minute intervals and in kilowatt hours. Here is what the data looks like for both:
View attachment 882434
View attachment 882435

The number of kWh in each hour will be the average of the kW reported in the Tesla data over that hour, since the Tesla data is at a constant 5 minute period. You just need to make sure you are only averaging over 12 rows (60 minutes). In the data you have in column F you have summed 13 rows (65 minutes).

EDIT: The other way to do it if you want more flexibility in analyzing the data is just to multiply the Tesla kW data in each cell by 5/60 and that will give you the kWh in each 5 minute period. Then you can just sum the data to get the total kWh in any time period you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: dhrivnak
Upvote 0
View attachment 882434
View attachment 882435

Multiply the Tesla data by 5 mins/60 mins, so the Tesla 4.6kW = 0.375kWh versus SCE 0.34 kWh and -29kW = 2.42kWh versus SCE 2.3 kWh

Upvote 0