Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dragy times for Plaid and LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OMG that's funny! The Plaid and SF90 would be equal to 60, but at 100, the Plaid 0.2+ seconds ahead of the Ferrari. And it just keeps on pulling from there!
was just reading the caranddriver article see below screenshot cant wait for the spanking.

1626716729355.png

was just reading the caranddriver article see below screenshot cant wait for the spanking.

View attachment 685942
Oh, and I love how they poke at the Cheetah launch and preconditioning! It would still beat the Ferrari with no launch! DragTimes got 0-60 in 2.19, but after that, the car would walk the SF90 in the quarter mile. Remember situation plaid? He a ran 9.34@152+mph with no launch.

Oh, and I love how they poke at the Cheetah launch and preconditioning! It would still beat the Ferrari with no launch! DragTimes got 0-60 in 2.19, but after that, the car would walk the SF90 in the quarter mile. Remember situation plaid? He a ran 9.34@152+mph with no launch.
what amazes me is they write an article without having the knowledge what other cars can do.

what amazes me is they write an article without having the knowledge what other cars can do.
Yeah! By the time you put the Ferrari in Qualifying Mode, (which you NEVER drive around in as it's for just a couple of runs), and launch that thing the Tesla is ahead. You can always drive the Plaid in Plaid Mode, and always have that performance accessible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arpe

View attachment 685942

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's like saying the SF90 can do launches right after cold starts without the engine getting to their operating temperature. Maybe they should compare full-throttle only when both are cold and see how that would go. 😆

We are at the performance level where an ICE vehicle has a launch advantage from the stored energy in that spinning metal powered by little explosions in getting off the line - you can't dump the clutch on something that isn't moving and startup overcurrent can fry stuff

Which is wild to think about - you need an three electric motors, a tiny cockpit, a carbon tub, a $70,000 gas-powered flywheel installed in your ferrari just to keep up with a Tesla sedan at half charge (until there's a corner anyway...)

We are at the performance level where an ICE vehicle has an advantage from the stored energy in that spinning metal powered by little explosions in getting off the line

Which is wild to think about - you need an extra electric motor, a tiny cockpit, a carbon tub, $70,000 gas-powered flywheel installed in your ferrari just to keep up with a Tesla sedan at half charge
Exactly! That car needs all of that help..... and it STILL cannot beat a family sedan at a quarter of the price!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's like saying the SF90 can do launches right after cold starts without the engine getting to their operating temperature. Maybe they should compare full-throttle only when both are cold and see how that would go. 😆
Unless Ferrari has software stopping the engine from giving full performance when cold, it'd go great. Cold engines make great power and heat up quickly when you beat on them. You might wear it a little faster, but it'll definitely last longer than the turbos, or the body when it catches fire, or insert italian car joke

If you want to throw a bone to your ICE friends, offer to go at 5% SOC and 1 gallon of gas in their tank. Any bets?