Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

drifting/donuts possible in rwd?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
coulda sworn there was a way to reduce it or smth, remember watching a vid or smth

Not on any modern model 3 or Y for the past couple of years. My 2018 model 3 has a way to turn it "down" (not off) natively, but Tesla removed the option to change regen settings in the interface for model 3s and Ys I think in 2023.

You could buy a third party tool to do it, but you cant change it at all in the interface, so you arent turning off regen without a third party tool, on a highland model 3.

I also dont think slip start will allow you to do doughnuts on dry pavement. You might be able to do it on wet pavement or snow, but I dont think you are going to do it on dry pavement (without buying something third party). Teslas nannies are very good at keeping people safe (which means this isnt a car for hooning around. Driving fast, sure, cars and coffee style doughnuts, not really).

Upvote 0
g
Not on any modern model 3 or Y for the past couple of years. My 2018 model 3 has a way to turn it "down" (not off) natively, but Tesla removed the option to change regen settings in the interface for model 3s and Ys I think in 2023.

You could buy a third party tool to do it, but you cant change it at all in the interface, so you arent turning off regen without a third party tool, on a highland model 3.

I also dont think slip start will allow you to do doughnuts on dry pavement. You might be able to do it on wet pavement or snow, but I dont think you are going to do it on dry pavement (without buying something third party). Teslas nannies are very good at keeping people safe (which means this isnt a car for hooning around. Driving fast, sure, cars and coffee style doughnuts, not really).
gotchu thanks, when i get the chance ill try it with wet pavement or maybe get a 3rd party tool preciate it.

Upvote 0
Slip start won't do what you want. It enables a little bit of slipping but if you turn the steering wheel everything will stop as you still have some traction and a lot of stability control.
There are a couple of options for you. One is to unplug an ABS sensor on a wheel, that will disable everything... I don't recommend it though. Another option is to buy the S3XY buttons / knob and activate drift mode.

EDIT: Oh! Highland... I don't know if the S3XY buttons are compatible with that. You'll need to check

Upvote 0