Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver’s window loud pop when closing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The noise happens at random times when the window closes and seals after being fully open. It doesn’t happen when closing the door. It sounds to me like the gasket is getting stuck and snapping on release. Anyone else have that?

Also, getting what can be only described as rubber pubic hairs shedding off the window gaskets. Anyone else?

If it is what I think, then you may want to try resetting the window. You know.... press the down button and hold it for about 15 seconds then do the same on the up button.
Also, some owners have reported this problem while driving at higher speeds and rolling up the window with high wind.

It is the window regulator and needs to be replaced. Mine did that on delivery and at times the window would get stuck (which would be a huge problem). If I lowered the window just an inch or two then it wouldn't do it, but if it went down half way or more then it would make a pop at the top. This is not normal and needs to be replaced.