Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window regulator failing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EbS-P

Apr 21, 2022
NC
My window regulator is failing. It made some clunky noises on the way down and didn’t come back up. I was able to wiggle and pull the glass back up and it does actuate enough down when the door opens but won’t go up. Next service appointment is 4 weeks way.

Got into a hot car this afternoon and instinctively lowered the window when the door closed. Grrrrr. Played the wiggle/pull push button game alone this time and got th window back in place.

Now I have a $9 temporary fix. Suction handle keeps the window from going down if I hit the button again and I can help raise it to the fully sealed position when the door closes. Any bets if it makes it 4 more weeks…

Attachments

• IMG_9808.jpeg
    IMG_9808.jpeg
    302.8 KB · Views: 29
I’m going to call around and see if I can get this fixed locally. It’s a 5 hour round trip and my “fix” is working good enough that I can’t justify taking a whole day or longer to get it fixed if they have to order parts.

My window regulator is failing. It made some clunky noises on the way down and didn’t come back up. I was able to wiggle and pull the glass back up and it does actuate enough down when the door opens but won’t go up. Next service appointment is 4 weeks way.

Got into a hot car this afternoon and instinctively lowered the window when the door closed. Grrrrr. Played the wiggle/pull push button game alone this time and got th window back in place.

Now I have a $9 temporary fix. Suction handle keeps the window from going down if I hit the button again and I can help raise it to the fully sealed position when the door closes. Any bets if it makes it 4 more weeks…
Pretty ingenious temp fix, nice.

Reactions: EbS-P