Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver door not presenting again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had the Body Control Module replaced a month ago, driver door would not auto present. No it is doing it again, SC confirmed today, bad BCM, anyone else having this issue?
Somebody switched cars on you, because present is what the Model S does. On the Model X, you push the handle in. Quick, head back to the Service Center. Maybe they still have your car.

Tesla is currently making 3 kinds of cars, and they have 3 ways to open the doors. IMHO they need to fix that.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
Somebody switched cars on you, because present is what the Model S does. On the Model X, you push the handle in. Quick, head back to the Service Center. Maybe they still have your car.

Tesla is currently making 3 kinds of cars, and they have 3 ways to open the doors. IMHO they need to fix that.

He's talking about the doors, not the handles. Only the X has self-presenting doors.

I am going to have my door looked at also. Sometimes when I walk up to it you can hear the locking mechanism and whatever pushes the door open sound like they are out of sync. Almost like hydraulic sound > door unlock sound > then hydraulic sound again and then the door finally opens itself after about 7 seconds. It used to just open right away and be open before I could get to the door, now I am just standing there waiting for it to open. Seems dumb to bitch about it because it still opens eventually but it is definitely not working correctly.

Yes, batteries replaced in both fobs....2 times. It detects the fobs when you get to the vehicle and unlocks. Problem now is it unlocks, you get in, drive the car and then an error message comes up saying key not detected in vehicle, will not start. Car still driving. Also if you leave the fob in the car and walk away it will lock you out....