Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Seat Stuck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone ever had their driver seat stuck? I'm 6-3 and have my seat profile set to all the way back. My wife got in the car and couldn't have her profile seating moved forward. She's shorter and now can't reach the pedals. I tried 'rebooting' the car with and without the brake pedal to no avail. I tried to have the seat move forward, and it still doesn't. I 'booked' an appointment through the phone app, but only have it for Jan 13. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do in the meantime to get it to move forward?

When you try to adjust it with the controls on the side, do you hear the motor trying, or just silence? If it’s silent, maybe poke around under there for a plug that has come loose. I haven’t done this myself, so I’m afraid I can’t be very specific about where such a plug might be.

Reactions: dthomas658
My seat got stuck for the third time now. This is what the virtual tech is telling me - unbelievable!

Attachments

• 28E7D9A1-B57C-49AC-B48F-1A651436EA70.png
    28E7D9A1-B57C-49AC-B48F-1A651436EA70.png
    581.5 KB · Views: 2,847
Same problem here! I have had this issue with my Model Y since delivery in Sept 2020. Intermittent at first, then completely quit, and so I could not drive it since it wouldn't go forward far enough for me to reach the pedals (same issue as the OP, my husband is tall and after he drove it, I was out of luck). Had it fixed, supposedly replaced the seat, in January 2021. Started again late March -- just suddenly quit (not intermittent this time) and it's back in service after two week wait when I could not drive my car. So frustrating.

Same problem here. Seat will only incline partially. Currently I look like a character from "Easy Rider", OK for me but my wife can't see above the dashboard. Service apt booked for next Monday, I'll let you know the outcome!

Our Model Y delivered a year ago just started doing this as described today. Driver's moves up down and reclines, but only clicks when trying to move it forward or backward. Passenger seat is fine. Rebooting car did not help. Odd and frustrating. I am 6'4" my wife is 5'4". Pretty inconvenient for her (it is stuck at my setting). I'll create a service appointment and hope it works itself out before then.