Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

driving between Toronto and Montreal on SR+ model 3 in winter. Good experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I took recent trip from Toronto to Montreal this month, my overall experience was good had to charge 2 times during the trip. I have uploaded the pic for the one way energy consumption.

Attachments

• 460F5D13-AFF2-4C74-86F9-DEE855245310.jpeg
    460F5D13-AFF2-4C74-86F9-DEE855245310.jpeg
    249.9 KB · Views: 256
I went from Ottawa to Toronto (similar distance/route) in late December and had no issues! just punch-in your destination and the navigation will tell you when to stop. We like to stop at the Belleville Mall for the foodcourt.

Take your range display and multiply by 0.6 or 0.66 if you want to be sitting in a colder cabin. That's the average over the past three weekends from Toronto to/from Montreal.

Kingston is the perfect spot in the middle ~250km (Toronto to Kingston) and ~ 285km (Kingston to Montreal) with a LR RWD model; arriving with 10-15% (Yellow battery).

With the SR+, you'd need every bit of the 402km 100% charge to do it with one charging stop. Your cabin temperature would have to be LO and you're likely traveling at below 100kph. And you're going into the red each leg.

You'll likely have to charge in Bellville/Cornwall or Kingston/Point-Claire. with the latter taxing your battery into the red.

Maybe best to do three short charging stops to minimize going into the red portion of the battery gauge.