Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

driving from Raleigh and staying in Wilmington, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

We're planning a short weekend trip from the Raleigh-Durham area to Wilmington. One night stay only, so would be looking to replenish ~150-200 rated miles overnight. This will be our first trip in the MS, so I'd like to be prepared. Can anyone offer tips on EV-friendly hotels in the Wilmington area? Or other charging tips for the area?

I noted a couple L2 chargers on Recargo - at "Market St Parking Deck", at Whole Foods, and at Mayfair Town/Shopping Center. Closest hotel I can find is to the Mayfair Center, which has a hilton or two nearby. So the best current plan I have is to stay at one of those Hiltons and charge overnight at the Mayfair Town center.

Thoughts/input welcome!!

Thanks!

One option is to take a longer route to get there and stop over at the Lumberton supercharger either there and back or if you can find a 110V outlet for the night wherever you stay, I think you should be able to make it there directly and then just stop by Lumberton on the way back.

Hi,

We're planning a short weekend trip from the Raleigh-Durham area to Wilmington. One night stay only, so would be looking to replenish ~150-200 rated miles overnight. This will be our first trip in the MS, so I'd like to be prepared. Can anyone offer tips on EV-friendly hotels in the Wilmington area? Or other charging tips for the area?

I noted a couple L2 chargers on Recargo - at "Market St Parking Deck", at Whole Foods, and at Mayfair Town/Shopping Center. Closest hotel I can find is to the Mayfair Center, which has a hilton or two nearby. So the best current plan I have is to stay at one of those Hiltons and charge overnight at the Mayfair Town center.

Thoughts/input welcome!!

Thanks!
recargo and plugshare are 2 web sites/apps that you should have in addition to others. recargo shows numerous places to charge up in and around wilmington

Last Spring I took my MS to Wilmington for the Azalea Festival. I parked in the Market Street deck to charge and stayed at the Hilton Riverside. It was a short walk to the hotel and right in the middle of everything downtown. I would have left the car in the deck overnight, but there was a parade the next morning and I couldn't access the deck between 6 AM and 1pm. It was a pleasant stay and I will do it again. Enjoy

Last Spring I took my MS to Wilmington for the Azalea Festival. I parked in the Market Street deck to charge and stayed at the Hilton Riverside. It was a short walk to the hotel and right in the middle of everything downtown. I would have left the car in the deck overnight, but there was a parade the next morning and I couldn't access the deck between 6 AM and 1pm. It was a pleasant stay and I will do it again. Enjoy
Thanks! We are also planning park at the Market St Deck, and staying a a hotel right nearby.