Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving position, steering wheel adjustment for tall people

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got delivery of a Model 3 four days ago. This car replaced my Model S 75D.

One thing I noticed (that I probably missed during test drive) is how limited the movement of the steering wheel is when is adjusted. I am 6’ 2” tall and in general I have to move the driver seat almost all the way back to have a safe and comfortable setting for my legs. By doing that the problem is that the steering wheel of the Model 3 is not coming out enough to have correct driving hands position. Comparing it to the Model S, I would say the Model 3 steering wheel is coming out just half way of the length the Model S steering wheel was coming out.

To accommodate for this issue I find my self having to either move the seat forward (thus having my legs bend a lot more) and/or move the back of the seat forward to be able to reach the “all the way out” steering wheel (thus having an uncomfortable straight up driving position).

Ironically, the space above the head is probably the best I have seen in any car I owned (including the Model S)

Any thoughts on this from tall people?

Reactions: beachmiles
I’m also 6’2” but think it’s very comfortable. I sit closer to the wheel in the Model 3 than other cars since I rarely use the brake pedal and using the brake is usually what makes me sit farther away. I also sit fairly upright and have never had an issue. I find the steering wheel comes out far more than it did in my Infiniti or other cars I’ve driven but maybe it doesn’t come out as much as the model s.