Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

driving score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My driving score never goes above 92, usually 91. Then I meet a woman who tells me her husband has a score of 100.
When I look at the breakdown, the two 'RED' lines are for heavy braking and following to close??
I drive like an old lady, using full regen, I hardly ever touch my brake pedal.
Following to close? I'm usually on the highway using cruise control with a five-car set, which by the way is dangerous as it leaves enough space for the nut cases out there to cut you off.
I resigned to forget about achieving the mark. I'm older and have driven the last forty years without an accident or ticket (knock on wood.)

I had the same problem. I found that if you are in the right lane, someone going faster than you passes on the left, and after they pass you if you change lanes behind them before they are 3-5 car lengths past you you'll get flagged for following too close. You can also get dinged in stop and go traffic, accelerating from a red light too close to the car in front, etc. It was real difficult to get a good score, but somehow I think I got the beta with a 93. I read where some people would go out when no cars were on the road and just drive a mile or so around the area.

You're correct, it is even a problem that gets whoever is coming up in back of you pissed off. I'm using the lane change function from the self-driving feature to change lanes, probably 90 percent of the time. Turn on the blinker and car show a blue position in the lane I'm changing too, My car pulls into the lane and sits there. It slowly speeds up when the car that past you is a hell of a lot further ahead the five lengths. I have to push the throttle before the car coming up behind me, is flashing their lights and climbing into my back seat. I don't get that.
It's funny to think that anyone would go out at times with no traffic to get a better score. What's the sense, My insurance company has given me a safe driver discount, what do I need more.
I think real world driving cannot be computer evaluated, It's dynamic and every mile you drive you must be ready to respond to any situation. There times when you notice a problem and a fast push and escape is necessary. That probably hits the score as well.
So what you are saying and I'm supposing is that these scores are not a good base when considering self driving or insurance worthiness.
I once used the FSD for drive about 10 miles. It's a bit frustrating and I could see some of the drivers around me were not happen with my (FSD's} driving.