Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dry Carbon Fiber Vinyl that matches OEM trim/spoiler

kev1n

Nov 17, 2016
SF Bay Area
I think that is what my rear diffuser is wrapped in, and if so, it isn't even close.

I found a thread by @artsci who wrapped the end of his dash which I want to do. It looks nearly identical to stock. Waiting on a reply from him.

do you have a link to the post you are referring to?

also do you have shots of your rear diffuser?

GatorGuy

Feb 25, 2018
Jacksonville
do you have a link to the post you are referring to?

also do you have shots of your rear diffuser?
_dsc4708-jpg.60806

From this link:Modifications to car made since delivery

WattMobile

Feb 8, 2018
Oslo, Norway
I have the small leather lock in the center console wrapped in 3M Carbon Fiber and it is almost a perfect match to the OEM. Just a bit more texture when you touch it but aesthetically the same. I will post a pic when it is possible.

Acho

Mar 28, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
are you referring to post #6 because that looks like the 3m di noc. i dont think people realize 3m has more than one CF film and it isnt clearly labeled which he used..
Yes, post #6. And it is CFS12 - 1080 black carbon fiber cast. I own a wrap shop and am certified 3M installer so no confusion of the material :)

• Informative
Reactions: kev1n

Acho

Mar 28, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
There is small peace folded so the markings on tha back are visible

Photo can't show the real difference. Pm me your address and I can mail you scrap peace so you can see it yourself

image.jpg

kev1n

Nov 17, 2016
SF Bay Area
There is small peace folded so the markings on tha back are visible

Photo can't show the real difference. Pm me your address and I can mail you scrap peace so you can see it yourself

View attachment 299923

this is very helpful and i didnt realize the post in the other thread was yours haha!

do you have any recommendations then or is that as close as it gets? i dont suppose you carry other brands as well?

Acho

Mar 28, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
this is very helpful and i didnt realize the post in the other thread was yours haha!

do you have any recommendations then or is that as close as it gets? i dont suppose you carry other brands as well?
I am certified installer of Avery and Oracal as well but their carbon fiber is similar in appearance. The brand I didn't have a chance to compare but might get closer look is vvivid /post #8 in the linked thread above/

Jimmy 1

Mar 5, 2016
Sarasota, FL
I am certified installer of Avery and Oracal as well but their carbon fiber is similar in appearance. The brand I didn't have a chance to compare but might get closer look is vvivid /post #8 in the linked thread above/
Vvivid is exactly the same, I use both interchangeably.

• Informative
Reactions: Acho

GatorGuy

Feb 25, 2018
Jacksonville
Yes, post #6. And it is CFS12 - 1080 black carbon fiber cast. I own a wrap shop and am certified 3M installer so no confusion of the material :)

Are you recommending CFS12 as a close match? They look similar in low light, but with bright light they look to have very different reflective properties.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC