Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early Access Program Invite

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All cell data from the car goes to Tesla servers first, the apps are talking to tesla servers also.

I see, so they are seeing who is logging in (in this case, TeslaFi or whatever iOS/Android App install you add your account to). What I like about the apps is that they can really show how much you've spent in terms of charging (for tracking purposes) as well as efficiency of the car during various times/drives.

ITT, people who seriously dont know the point of the NDA. technically you cant be held to it if you didnt sign up. but really? how about some common sense? It strictly asks you not to post to forums and what do folks do? Post in the forum.... This is why some folks that actually want to help and would follow the rules cant request to do so because even folks that are invited dont understand the whole point of keeping quiet.

It strictly asks you not to post to forums and what do folks do? Post in the forum
The Tesla Early Access Program asks you “to keep your experience confidential” and not to post online what you report to Tesla about your experience. I recognize that it is probably okay to post online that you have been invited to join the program.

Reactions: emorog
ITT, people who seriously dont know the point of the NDA. technically you cant be held to it if you didnt sign up. but really? how about some common sense? It strictly asks you not to post to forums and what do folks do? Post in the forum.... This is why some folks that actually want to help and would follow the rules cant request to do so because even folks that are invited dont understand the whole point of keeping quiet.
Is there an NDA? With all the information out there from people with 39.x on the internet (including news services), I'm thinking there isn't.

The Tesla Early Access Program asks you “to keep your experience confidential” and not to post online what you report to Tesla about your experience. I recognize that it is probably okay to post online that you have been invited to join the program.

This is my point. IF you are experienced with NDAs. As well as take 30 seconds to think about it. You really shouldn't. It looks like they have gone about 2 years without inviting new folks. So they gave it a shot again. And then folks cant even do the simple request. Fight club is a good example. So it makes sense to go. Hey, I got invited fight club, should I join? Then someone asks that person about it, knows they could be in it. etc... and then the person replies. Oh sorry, i cant talk about it.
Or, they get the invite and STFU. Which makes more sense?

Is there an NDA? With all the information out there from people with 39.x on the internet (including news services), I'm thinking there isn't.

That has been answered numerous times in other threads. The folks posting videos are not part of the EAP. They have rooted MCU's and downloaded and installed themselves.

• Disagree
I'm thinking in my case that I might not join. I drive 330 mi twice a week. Although I would love the new tech, if there's something in it I don't like, I have the better part of 6 hours to continue to suffer through it. Might be better for users who use it for something more like a 1 hour daily commute.
It is certainly a risk. I work in software, beta testing is there to uncover defects.