Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early Access Program Invite

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perfectly fine that you don’t agree that you violated the request asked of you. Just don’t start posting threads whining that you got the boot from the program because you couldn’t follow a simple rule.

I could be wrong, but software companies usually do not request you not to share that you are in their alpha or beta test program. They request that you do not share the features or bugs of the actual software until the software is released. It is kind of like being a juror. You can say that you had been selected as a juror for the trial. You just cannot share any details of the trial or your thought on the trial until it is over.

Perfectly fine that you don’t agree that you violated the request asked of you. Just don’t start posting threads whining that you got the boot from the program because you couldn’t follow a simple rule.

I didn't violate anything. Perhaps you should stop checking this thread. :) Again nothing wrong with asking about joining vs not joining, it violates nothing!

Reactions: emorog
I'd love to join and have asked numerous times. Never received a reply--though glad to see that they have replied to some. For those in the EA program, do us non-EA program folks a favor and provide a ton of feedback to Tesla. It really does make a difference.

Reactions: Beardco
I think the rule to follow here is that this program is not a secret society where people cannot disclose their participation. If that was the case Tesla wouldn’t have just massed emailed out everyone’s contact info... but that’s a whole other topic.

Just keep any feedback and thoughts about the prerelease software you get early access to between you and Tesla. Don’t overthink it.

I think the rule to follow here is that this program is not a secret society where people cannot disclose their participation. If that was the case Tesla wouldn’t have just massed emailed out everyone’s contact info... but that’s a whole other topic.

Just keep any feedback and thoughts about the prerelease software you get early access to between you and Tesla. Don’t overthink it.

bingo!

Elon just confirmed that they expanded the Early Access Program by 1000 more people this week, so that’s why a few of you got invites. He also says version 9 is “almost ready”, whatever that means...

Elon Musk on Twitter

D2A83D4E-9169-4F55-95C7-F3D497AD1F12.jpeg

What’s really funny is that those folks that actually understand the point it’s rather obvious to know the difference between Elon talking about it, and folks in the forum talking about it.

Have you been involved in any Early access / Beta programs and NDA's relating to such programs like this? I can tell you I have and for many many companies. I have never seen any that say you cannot state you are involved in a particular beta program. But to hold true to the NDA's they ask to not state any details relating to the content or any info of the beta / early access program. Saying I am involved in a particular Beta program does not cause any harm or invalidate any kind of NDA of this nature. I read earlier your thinking is that Tesla opened up the program and everyone should keep their mouth shut so they might invite more people if they dont talk about the program itself ??? If Tesla needs more people to test, they will invite as they just did a few days ago. They needed a bigger pool and for that matter specifically Model 3 users since that is a fairly new car. They are not going to say oh wait someone said I am in a early access program and so forget it, we are not going to invite any more people.

Sorry I really don't agree with your arguments. my 2 cents....