Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early vin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BLKMDL3

Supporting Member
Hey guys, just secured MY vin 11X. A bit nervous not gonna lie, although I did have zero issues with my first 3 which was close in vin range... it’s a PYD- since we need range and my P3D+ is my track weapon. This was one of the last cars avail so took it. Praying quality is good. Delivery Tuesday. PYD- midnight silver/black/19 Gemini (gonna be changed asap)

Reactions: Drax and Watts_Up
Good Luck!

20200228_222029.jpg
VIN8XX

;)

Last edited:
I originally ordered black exterior. Given the current pandemic with the factory closed, no blacks are being produced. According to the sales rep, they get an inventory sheet daily with available MY's that are not claimed by original customer. I went with a different color....

What do you mean? Sorry new to the Tesla world. Does this mean it was one ordered and cancelled by somebody so it sits around as unassigned inventory? Wouldn't they just look at the next person up the list with the same config and assign it to them?

Potentially, but they wont just keep shipping them all around the country until someone claims them. If one was sitting on a delivery center lot and there was a person asking if they had any available that were just sitting on the lot, they would sell it right there rather than finding a match somewhere where they would have to transport it again.