Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EERO Network not working with Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

efusco

Moderator - Model S & X forums
I have a multi-level house with the only cable modem outlet being in a terrible bottom floor location in my home. I recently installed the EERO Mesh Network system (non-Pro version) in the home and it has been absolutely fantastic and had improved the strength of my network throughout my home. Where the Teslas are parked in the garage I had only 1 bar of wifi from my old router, but now shows full strength. Thus, I was excited about improved download speeds for software updates and such. The car recognized and easily connected to the Eero network and, I assumed, was working normally.

However, when I got notification of the latest software update being available to download I attempted to do so, but while it showed that a download had started, it never progressed or completed on the EERO network. Eventually I just used my phone's hotspot and it downloaded without issue (albeit it took a while).

I did find one other reference to this issue on Reddit, but no useful responses.
Of note, the only other snafu I've encountered is that Netflix via my Amazon Fire that is connected via ethernet cable to one of the satellite routers will not work. Amazon Prime, YouTube, etc all work fine on the same device and a "network check" on the Netflix shows good strength. Apparently there can be an issue with "double NAT" which basically means that 2 competing networks are created that sometimes confuses certain applications like Netflix, Xbox, etc. Several recommendations to switch the EERO to "Bridge Mode", which I tried, but it seemed to create all sorts of other issues.

So, to summarize--my EERO mesh network is fantastic, I have gigabit service so it's fast, but it's not working with my Teslas (my Model 3 and my wife's Model X) or Netflix via my Amazon Fire box.

I do have tech support emails/calls out to both my ISP and EERO, but was hopeful that someone on here had already encounted and resolved the issue so I don't have to run the tech support 'unplug, wait, I'll have to move you to a level 2 support tech' BS.

Thank you.

I have an eero base and 2 satellites and I am able to connect my car to one of them

Note I have Band Steering (claims it does the 'right thing' for 2.4 vs 5g etc) and WPA3 enabled in the eero labs playground

Edit

I do not have my eeros (?) in charge of DHCP, they are in bridge mode. That duty is for our Ubiquiti Edgerouter.

I
I have a multi-level house with the only cable modem outlet being in a terrible bottom floor location in my home. I recently installed the EERO Mesh Network system (non-Pro version) in the home and it has been absolutely fantastic and had improved the strength of my network throughout my home. Where the Teslas are parked in the garage I had only 1 bar of wifi from my old router, but now shows full strength. Thus, I was excited about improved download speeds for software updates and such. The car recognized and easily connected to the Eero network and, I assumed, was working normally.

However, when I got notification of the latest software update being available to download I attempted to do so, but while it showed that a download had started, it never progressed or completed on the EERO network. Eventually I just used my phone's hotspot and it downloaded without issue (albeit it took a while).

I did find one other reference to this issue on Reddit, but no useful responses.
Of note, the only other snafu I've encountered is that Netflix via my Amazon Fire that is connected via ethernet cable to one of the satellite routers will not work. Amazon Prime, YouTube, etc all work fine on the same device and a "network check" on the Netflix shows good strength. Apparently there can be an issue with "double NAT" which basically means that 2 competing networks are created that sometimes confuses certain applications like Netflix, Xbox, etc. Several recommendations to switch the EERO to "Bridge Mode", which I tried, but it seemed to create all sorts of other issues.

So, to summarize--my EERO mesh network is fantastic, I have gigabit service so it's fast, but it's not working with my Teslas (my Model 3 and my wife's Model X) or Netflix via my Amazon Fire box.

I do have tech support emails/calls out to both my ISP and EERO, but was hopeful that someone on here had already encounted and resolved the issue so I don't have to run the tech support 'unplug, wait, I'll have to move you to a level 2 support tech' BS.

Thank you.
I have eeros and a 2013 s and a 2017 x both connect fine and receive updates.

• Informative
Reactions: efusco
I have an eero base and 2 satellites and I am able to connect my car to one of them

Note I have Band Steering (claims it does the 'right thing' for 2.4 vs 5g etc) and WPA3 enabled in the eero labs playground

Edit

I do not have my eeros (?) in charge of DHCP, they are in bridge mode. That duty is for our Ubiquiti Edgerouter.
I tried switching Eero to Bridge Mode and it seemed to mess everything up worse, but perhaps I was too patient for it to reboot.

I tried switching Eero to Bridge Mode and it seemed to mess everything up worse, but perhaps I was too patient for it to reboot.

Do you have a device to take over DHCP and DNS duties? Eero will do those things but because our situation has both wifi and hard wired devices (not near where the Eeros are), it was easier to put in the Edgerouter in charge of everything.

Do you have a device to take over DHCP and DNS duties? Eero will do those things but because our situation has both wifi and hard wired devices (not near where the Eeros are), it was easier to put in the Edgerouter in charge of everything.
I don't have anything else...I don't think. Cable Model connects directly to the first node of the Eero Mesh, no other routers connected.

So, somewhere along the line things seem to have started working. I'm seeing decent connection speeds with my cars and the software auto-downloaded into my wife's Model X. Also, weirdly, Netflix started working on my Amazon Fire...

This is why tech makes me crazy...

Reactions: bmah

Thank you.

Thank you.
Any update on Eero Tesla connectivity? I'm having the same issue. Thanks! John