Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

elbilforum.no blocking certain IP addresses

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not allowed to access any of the links to that forum :(

It keeps telling me this:

En feil har inntruffet!

Beklager Gjest, Din IP addresse er utestengt fra dette forumet!
Send en e-post til [email protected] så skal vi prøve å gi deg tilgang.

It says the following:

An error has occured!

Sorry Guest, your IP address has been blocked from this forum!
Send an e-mail to [email protected] and we'll try to give you access.

I suggest you send them an e-mail, they'll probably also need your IP address to unblock it. Alternatively you might try accessing the forum through a VPN service. They don't in general block foreign IPs, I'm currently accessing it through a US IP address.

I suggest you send them an e-mail, they'll probably also need your IP address to unblock it. Alternatively you might try accessing the forum through a VPN service. They don't in general block foreign IPs, I'm currently accessing it through a US IP address.

They've just replied me:

"Due to massive abuse from computers in Asia, the elbilforum.no is closed for computers (IP adresses) in Asia.

The only way to is to use a VPN with IP adresses from Europe/USA.

Regards

Lars C. Krogenaes
Forum Administrator."

So basically I'm still banned and labelled as a possible abuser. Norway doesn't practise innocent until proven guilty?
Unfortunately I don't have access to a reliable vpn so if there are any kind souls out there, could someone repost/share the going-ons in Norway here for the benefit of banned Tesla fans residing on the largest continent on the planet?
:frown:
I'm sure the rest of us from Japan and Hong Kong etc. would be interested as well...

*Honestly I feel really sad and miffed at being shut out and discriminated against just for coming from Asia
:mad: I will never visit Norway in my life even if I was paid to. :crying: I had no impression of the country but now all I have is a bad one.

Last edited:
Honestly I feel really sad and miffed at being shut out and discriminated against just for coming from Asia :mad: I will never visit Norway in my life even if I was paid to. :crying: I had no impression of the country but now all I have is a bad one.
Let me get this straight: You're miffed because some Norwegian forum bans all Asian IPs because some Asian IPs were abusing the forum. Now your consequence is to "never visit Norway in my life even if I was paid to", like sort of punishing all of Norway because you feel discriminated by one Norwegian forum? Makes total sense (not).

They've just replied me:

"Due to massive abuse from computers in Asia, the elbilforum.no is closed for computers (IP adresses) in Asia.

Regards

Lars C. Krogenaes
Forum Administrator."

So basically I'm still banned and labelled as a possible abuser. Norway doesn't practise innocent until proven guilty?
Unfortunately I don't have access to a reliable vpn so if there are any kind souls out there, could someone repost/share the going-ons in Norway here for the benefit of banned Tesla fans residing on the largest continent on the planet?
I'm sure the rest of us from Japan and Hong Kong etc. would be interested as well...

*Honestly I feel really sad and miffed at being shut out and discriminated against just for coming from Asia
:mad: I will never visit Norway in my life even if I was paid to. :crying: I had no impression of the country but now all I have is a bad one.

Give them a break. They are a small group of people trying to run a Norwegian language forum, and apparently have been suffered repeated attacks. With virtually zero users and zero Norwegian speakers in Asia, you can't fault them for not investing into more sophisticated countermeasures than a full block.

I can tell you I would not feel discriminated against if I couldn't access a Burmese language website with a Burmese target audience!

And this has nothing to do with Norway - this is a privately run web site.

Give them a break. They are a small group of people trying to run a Norwegian language forum, and apparently have been suffered repeated attacks. With virtually zero users and zero Norwegian speakers in Asia, you can't fault them for not investing into more sophisticated countermeasures than a full block.

I can tell you I would not feel discriminated against if I couldn't access a Burmese language website with a Burmese target audience!

And this has nothing to do with Norway - this is a privately run web site.

I fully agree.

They've just replied me:

Regards

Lars C. Krogenaes
Forum Administrator."

I didn't know that they had instituted a blanket ban of all asian IPs, sad to hear that. Even so I think you are perhaps exaggerating a little, remember that you really do need to be able to read norwegian to get much use of the forum, but if you don't have access to a usable VPN service you might try using a free proxy service: http://www.hidemyass.com/proxy/ Let me know if this helps.

Let me get this straight: You're miffed because some Norwegian forum bans all Asian IPs because some Asian IPs were abusing the forum. Now your consequence is to "never visit Norway in my life even if I was paid to", like sort of punishing all of Norway because you feel discriminated by one Norwegian forum? Makes total sense (not).

That isn't the reason actually...

To be honest, my IP is banned from TMC as well! But the the admin here and the admin there are polar opposites. Look, I sent an email to them and told them that I'm part of the blocked IP group and I provided my email address as well as my actual IP address asking for permission to join. The response (as I have pasted above) might as well have been "Go read the no entry sign for your kind. You wanna get in? Go get a disguise cos that's the only way you'll sneak in (VPN)."

I don't have issues with being blocked when I'm not the target audience etc.
I am however slightly offended by his nonchalant dismissal of my request without consideration.

My original email was non-offensive and did not warrant such a response:
"Hello, I'm trying to sign up for membership to your forums but am being denied access. Please help. My current IP Address is: 119.xx.xx.xxx

The problem is:
En feil har inntruffet!
Beklager Gjest, Din IP addresse er utestengt fra dette forumet!
Send en e-post til [email protected] så skal vi prøve å gi deg tilgang."

In other words: "Hi, I read the sign at your door but would like to assure you I mean no harm. Here is my name and home address to show I'm unarmed."

On the contrary, TMC's admin has been very kind to not only allow me in, but to also complete my registration on my behalf.

I am not "demanding" to be let in, I am just miffed at the uncalled-for reaction.

Regardless, I do not wish to derail this thread. Apologies to anyone I've offended while being offended myself.

- - - Updated - - -

I just come to realize that maybe twinklejet was being sarcastic. Not entirely sure though.

I was half sarcastic and half serious... The "never visit norway" was originally meant to be sarcastic but I edited that post thrice and it ended up being a mixed bag of emotions. On hindsight I should have left out that paragraph but it has already been read and responded to by the other members so yea :crying:

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't know that they had instituted a blanket ban of all asian IPs, sad to hear that. Even so I think you are perhaps exaggerating a little, remember that you really do need to be able to read norwegian to get much use of the forum, but if you don't have access to a usable VPN service you might try using a free proxy service: http://www.hidemyass.com/proxy/ Let me know if this helps.

I've tried that along with a bunch of others, but the round trip around the planet is causing the page to timeout before I can load it... So I've largely given up :/ and I can get by with google translate :x

- - - Updated - - -

Lastly, Singapore is one of a select group of developed Asian countries to be exempted from the visa requirement by the Norwegian government and we have good relations including a free trade agreement since 2003. In the local context, we generally do not like to be "blanket banned" together with "hackers/abusers" from a list of asian countries I shall not name (all of whom do not enjoy the visa waiver privilege accorded to us by Norway). I mean, wouldn't you feel it was unfair if a nearby country became known for hacking and websites decided to ban your entire continent of all 43 countries and 60% of the entire global human population with the reason of "past abuse from a subset of this continent"?

Nevertheless, I meant no offence and honestly hope someone can share the juicy Tesla details from Norway...

Lars did not specifically say you would never be allowed In - he just explained to you the reason why its is not functioning for you to get it - and at the same time not promise either outcome.

Maybe someone could screenshot the thread and post?
I could do it later tonight if not Somebody else does it (Im almost always on tapatalk, like now).

Due to massive abuse from computers in Asia, the elbilforum.no is closed for computers (IP adresses) in Asia.

Regards

Forum Administrator
Look, I sent an email to them and told them that I'm part of the blocked IP group and I provided my email address as well as my actual IP address asking for permission to join. The response (as I have pasted above) might as well have been "Go read the no entry sign for your kind. You wanna get in? Go get a disguise cos that's the only way you'll sneak in (VPN)."
I'm not going to say you're wrong here, because frankly we don't know. But I interpreted this response very differently.

I read it as
I'm a forum administrator, and we have limited capabilities and/or time w/r/t tweaking these settings. We got hacked by a specific segment of IPs and our only recourse right now is to bulk block. Thanks for contacting us directly. The best I can offer you is a workaround to use a VPN in an unblocked region. Sorry for the inconvenience.