Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric vehicle survey

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I am a final year student at the University of Portsmouth (UK) and my dissertation is based on electric vehicles. I chose this topic as I am a car enthusiast and believe that electric vehicles will become more widely used a lot sooner than we might think. I am greatly interested in ethical consumption and the decision making process which customers go through and why. I have posted a survey link at the bottom which allows for anyone to complete it. I would greatly appreciate it, if you take a few mins of your time to complete the survey. The more responses I get, the more credible my research will be. The survey does not ask for any identification of name, age, gender, or occupation. This is strictly for my thesis and will not be used for any other purposes or by third parties. I am very interested in what the results will be. If you want you can also share the survey with anyone that would be interested in this topic. Thank you.

LINK: Ethical consumption decision making within the electric vehicle industry

There are NO incentives to buy EVs where I live, it must be noted. My government is so in bed with big oil I bet they'd ban EVs if they thought they could get away with it.

That is very interesting to hear, and will be noted in the findings. The UK and other European countries have some sort of incentives to help turn purple away from ICE vehicles and onto electric vehicles. If you don't mind me asking what country do you live in? so I can research into why there are no incentives. Thanks

Just completed your survey. Hope you do well with your project.

I believe that people are realizing Urban areas l have so much pollution that the health of their citizens will be adversly affected. Converting to electric vehicle will make these cities much more healthy to inhabit.

That is very interesting to hear, and will be noted in the findings. The UK and other European countries have some sort of incentives to help turn purple away from ICE vehicles and onto electric vehicles. If you don't mind me asking what country do you live in? so I can research into why there are no incentives. Thanks
Canada.

Trudeau makes a big show about being environmental on the world stage. But what he's done has actually been the exact opposite.

He's approved a Liquid Natural Gas plant in BC which would put the equivalent of 1 million cars on the road. He's approved every oil pipeline except for the one nobody was going to agree with anyway. He's even collaborated with Trump on the Keystone XL which President Obama put the brakes on. He's made no moves to fill in the holes in environmental regulations that Harper put in. Basically, Trudeau's environmental policies are IDENTICAL to Harper's. Even to the point where he's copying the same playbook. Announce weak climate goals, then fail to meet them by approving every carbon producing project that's proposed.

He announced some tentative plans to build encourage EV use, but in practice nothing came of it. 3/4 of the proposed funds were to go towards Hydrogen refueling stations which as I take it you know, are NOT a clean source of energy storage.

Canada.

Trudeau makes a big show about being environmental on the world stage. But what he's done has actually been the exact opposite.

He's approved a Liquid Natural Gas plant in BC which would put the equivalent of 1 million cars on the road. He's approved every oil pipeline except for the one nobody was going to agree with anyway. He's even collaborated with Trump on the Keystone XL which President Obama put the brakes on. He's made no moves to fill in the holes in environmental regulations that Harper put in. Basically, Trudeau's environmental policies are IDENTICAL to Harper's. Even to the point where he's copying the same playbook. Announce weak climate goals, then fail to meet them by approving every carbon producing project that's proposed.

He announced some tentative plans to build encourage EV use, but in practice nothing came of it. 3/4 of the proposed funds were to go towards Hydrogen refueling stations which as I take it you know, are NOT a clean source of energy storage.

That is very interesting to read. Thank you for the insight. Was surprised when you mentioned that there are no incentives over in Canada, as many countries in the EU and here in the UK offer grants towards purchasing an EV and are exempt from certain tariffs.

That is very interesting to read. Thank you for the insight. Was surprised when you mentioned that there are no incentives over in Canada, as many countries in the EU and here in the UK offer grants towards purchasing an EV and are exempt from certain tariffs.
Not only is there no tariff exemption, the Tesla S and X are more expensive in Canada than the US beyond the exchange rate. There's an extra tariff on it due to there not being enough North American parts content under the provisions of NAFTA.

The guys in Pick Your Part wrecking yards pulling parts to put a 1970s Honda back on the road, should also get a subsidy, IMO. Limiting the carbon footprint of manufacturing and reducing waste. Also, low income people find it challenging to afford a Leaf, i3, Tesla, etc.