Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrician recommendations in Bay Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And in the short run, you can charge with 120v if you plug in when you get home and don't unplug until you leave for work. I know it takes longer in the cold, but most any bay area commute can be recovered from the 5+MPH that 120v charges at, that's like 75 miles of range overnight, and then on the weekend you can catch up if you have an even longer commute.

I did the install myself, there was a space open in the breaker panel, just had to remove the cover plate with plyers. Added the 60 amp breaker, and wired in a length of Romex straight into the bottom of the Tesla Wall Connector. Got the cheaper 6/2 two-conductor Romex wire as the third conductor in 6/3 is used to get the neutral connection which the charger doesn't use, almost 1/3 less cost. Once it was all connected I put the breaker in place and put the cover back on the panel. Almost as easy as plugging in a lamp.

I would recommend ECP electric:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/emanuel-perakis-licensed-electrician-campbell-3

Don't think he is the cheapest, but he is one of the most professional contractors we've seen across all trades. I.e. while he's there, he can recommend additional upgrades to the area (e.g. overhead lights in garage, upgraded panels, outlets, etc) which make a lot of sense in the long run.

Though he is booked out to mid-Jan, in case you are in a hurry / need charging now