Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electronic whining under full throttle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been hearing for a few months now a electronic medium-high pitched whining noise when I launch my S75 rwd. It’s not the normal electric motor noise we all know and love. More of a ‘circuit’ kinda noise. Anyone else experience this and know anything about it? It’s a mid-17’ car

I’ve been hearing for a few months now a electronic medium-high pitched whining noise when I launch my S75 rwd. It’s not the normal electric motor noise we all know and love. More of a ‘circuit’ kinda noise. Anyone else experience this and know anything about it? It’s a mid-17’ car

search Tesla milling in Youtube and compare it with yours. If it is indeed the milling noise then its time to set up an appointment with service to get your drive unit replaced under warranty.

If you only hear it at full throttle (or thereabouts), it's probably the normal sound of the inverters and drive system running at maximum capacity. My Model S did that for 4 years of happy launches.

I haven't noticed it in the Model 3P, probably because: 1) it has two motors so it would be a different sound; 2) the 0-60 time is half what it was in the S85, so I'm too busy just hanging on to listen carefully.