Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk Unmasked as Top Donor to House Republican PAC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The reason we have a stupendous mess is because a few million voters shy of the majority voted for Donald Trump. The DNC didn't make him the Republican party's candidate. The DNC establishment put their fat fingers on the scale and nominated Clinton rather than Sanders. How Sanders would have fared against Trump and his Russian handlers we'll never know.

Maybe if you read part of the indictment you might understand that Russian agents 'doing their job' don't get a pass on violating U.S. laws and interfere with our democratic elections. DNC actions in the primary were serious and should never be allowed to happen again, but comparing what they did in the primaries to what the Russians and their collaborators in the Trump campaign did is ludicrous. One purpose of the indictments was to prove beyond any shadow of doubt that Russia acted to swing the election and elect Trump.

"Special counsel Robert Mueller just indicted 12 Russian intelligence officers, accusing them of interfering in the 2016 US presidential election.In total, the indictment charges 11 spies with conspiracy to commit computer crimes, eight counts of aggravated identity theft, and conspiracy to launder money. Two of the defendants are charged with a separate conspiracy to commit computer crimes."

From text of the indictment:
2. Defendants VIKTOR BORISOVICH [etc.] and
ALEKSEY ALEKSANDROVICH POTENIKIN were GRU officers who knowingly and
intentionally conspired with each other, and with persons known and unknown to the Grand Jury
(collectively the ?Conspirators?), to gain unauthorized access (to ?hack?) into the computers of
U.S. persons and entities involved in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, steal documents from
these computers, and stage releases of the stolen documents to interfere with the 2016 U.S.
presidential election.

You do not need to convince me that the Russians conspired to influence the US elections. That is what spies do. I have no doubt that our intelligence agencies are gnashing their teeth over not beating them to the punch.

If Trump or his campaign colluded with the foreign operatives, they should be charged with treason. Doubt this will happen.

This does not change the fact the corruption and cronyism at the DNC gave us the most flawed and worst presidential candidate in history. How bad? So bad she lost the election to Donald Trump, the second worst presidential candidate in history. I was in the firm belief that he was actually the worst, but HRC proved me wrong.

Pre election polling prior to HRC being officially anointed showed her losing the election to Trump. It also showed Sanders beating Trump. My belief is that Sanders would have won.

I felt great distress when it became obvious that HRC would be the candidate. Because I knew she could lose. There is no way the Democrats should have lost that election. The media at the time was painting the picture of the disastrous Republican Party crumbling but in the end it was quite the opposite.

Reactions: Drumheller
HRC won becuase of Superdelegates and state party rules (i.e. in New York's later primary, if you hadn't registered by October of the previous year, you couldn't vote - so new Sanders supporters who discovered the candidate in February were out of luck)

Ironically, before being taken over, Republicans were privately WISHING they had Superdelegates because that would have prevented Trump from winning.

They should hang the Superdelegates program up, what a shameful scam, the sellout of the country continues under this model when they can ignore state delegate priorities.
I will never align with an organization where a mob boss tells me who they are going to vote on my behalf. The DNC should learn from this, and their shameful actions against Bernie will go down in history as one of the most unethical actions by a party against it own in history.

Try explaining to your teenagers what a Superdelegate is.... Lobbyist, representing their own interests and ignoring the states... no republican is ever going to wish for Superdelegates.

When HRC talked about the "Basket of Deplorables'", I visualized a superdelegate and I saw HRC as the Superduperdelegate continuing in the Tammany Hall tradition.

I'm glad Elon is smart enough to reach across the aisle. I will overlook his donations to the ACLU, the same ACLU who claims to be the defender of privacy, who remained silent when the FBI raided Trumps Attorneys' office.... Except for the following blurb from ACLU legal director "The rule of law is alive".

Really?

If the Russians were smart they would copy the American Israel Political Action Committee (AIPAC) model who spent $17M in political support and stand up the American Russian Political Action Committee (ARPAC) so they can do it legally like AIPAC and get a superdelegate like Steve Grossman. I would elect Alexander Ovechkin as the first president of ARPAC....:rolleyes: and our largest donation would go to Facebook...:(

Who are the superdelegate Lobbyist?

Influence at the DNC: More than 60 superdelegates are registered lobbyists

Name Affiliation State Company/organization Issues/Clients Federal/State Lobbyist Current/Former

Alexis Tameron ARIZONA DNC MEMBER ARIZONA American Traffic Solutions Inc. Transportation State Current

John Daniello DELAWARE DNC MEMBER DELAWARE Contractors of DE, inc., Delaware Mechanical Contractors Association Contractors State Current

Karen Kirkpatrick-Valentine DELAWARE DNC MEMBER DELAWARE Delaware Public Employees Union AFSCME Council 81 (http://council81.homestead.com/main.html) Public Employees State Current

Lisa B. Goodman DELAWARE DNC MEMBER DELAWARE Equality Delaware, Inc., Young Conaway Public Strategies, LLC, Delaware First Media Corporation, Maxwell & Associates, Delaware Occupational Therapy Association, Asian American Business Association Marriage equality, media, occupational therapy, Asian American relations State Current

Garnet Coleman DEM. LEGISLATIVE CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE TEXAS Enron, Greater Houston Transportation Company Energy, transportation State Former

Carrie Pugh DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA DNC MEMBER DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA National Eduction Association Education Federal Former

Harold Ickes DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA DNC MEMBER DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA Ickes & Enright Group Telecommunications, Healthcare Federal Current

Mary Eva Candon DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA DNC MEMBER DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA Berliner, Candon and Jimson Civil Servants/Public Officials, Government of Guam Federal Former

Alma R. Gonzalez FLORIDA DNC MEMBER FLORIDA Florida Council 79 of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees Public employee rights, election enforcement law, voter protection State Former

Debra DeLee FORMER DNC CHAIRMAN MASSACHUSETTS President of Americans for Peace Now Foreign relations Federal Former

Paul G. Kirk Jr. FORMER DNC CHAIRMAN MASSACHUSETTS Sullivan and Worcester Healthcare Federal Former

Steve Grossman FORMER DNC CHAIRMAN MASSACHUSETTS HPS Inc, Former AIPAC president
Fed Budget & Appropriations, foreign relations
Federal Current

Ed Rendell FORMER DNC GENERAL CHAIRMAN PENNSYLVANIA Special Counsel at Ballard Spahr Harbinger Capital Partners, KCI USA Federal Former

Richard Gephardt FORMER HOUSE MINORITY LEADER MISSOURI Gephardt Group Amaya Gaming, Ameren Corp,Anheuser-Busch InBev, Bayer AG, Broward County, FL, International Longshoremens Assn, Neustar, Peabody Energy, Prairie State Generating, Waste Management Inc, Water Quality Assn Federal Current

George Mitchell FORMER SENATE MAJORITY LEADER NEW YORK DLA Piper Medicines Co, Canfor Corp, Diageo PLC, Lebanon Renaissance Institute, Globe Metallurgical, Kraft Foods Federal Former

Tom A. Daschle FORMER SENATE MINORITY LEADER SOUTH DAKOTA Aetna Healthcare Federal Current

Nikema Williams GEORGIA DNC MEMBER GEORGIA Planned Parenthood Reproductive health State Current

Richard Ray GEORGIA DNC MEMBER GEORGIA Former President Georgia chapter AFL-CIO Labor union State Former

Daniel Hynes ILLINOIS DNC MEMBER ILLINOIS Ariel Investments LLC Securities & Investment State Former

Jerry Costello ILLINOIS DNC MEMBER ILLINOIS Jerry Costello Group Environment Both Current

Carol Ronen ILLINOIS DNC MEMBER ILLINOIS John G. Shedd Aquarium Environment, natural resources State Current

Cordelia Lewis Burks INDIANA DNC MEMBER INDIANA AFSCME Indiana Healthcare workers, emergency services State Former

Dean Boerste INDIANA DNC MEMBER INDIANA Bernardin Luchmueller and Associates, Inc Transportation State Current

Shane Riddle LOUISIANA DNC MEMBER LOUISIANA Louisiana Association of Educators Education State Current

Glenard S. Middleton MARYLAND DNC MEMBER MARYLAND AFSCME Council 67 Healthcare workers, emergency services State Former

Gregory Pecoraro MARYLAND DNC MEMBER MARYLAND Aircraft Owners & Pilots Assn Transportation Federal Former

Heather Mizeur MARYLAND DNC MEMBER MARYLAND The Mizeur Group LLC Alliance for Quality Nursing Home Care,Assn of American Medical Colleges,Intersystems Corp, Kindred Healthcare,National Assn of Community Health Ctrs, Oxfam International, Select Medical Corp, US Physical Therapy, Visiting Nurse Assn of America, XLHealth Corp Federal Former

David M. O'Brien MASSACHUSETTS DNC MEMBER MASSACHUSETTS Northwind Strategies Communications State Former

Lottie Shackelford MEMBERS-AT-LARGE ARKANSAS GlobalUSA GSE reform Federal Former

Jeff Berman MEMBERS-AT-LARGE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA Bryan Cave LLP Health issues, energy, transportation Federal Former

Marcus Mason MEMBERS-AT-LARGE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA Madison Group Alphabet Inc Berkshire Hathaway, Bruin Biometrics, Capitol Supply, Chestnut Firm, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Education Networks of America, Energy Future Holdings Corp, Intuit Inc, McMillan Metro PC, National Funeral Directors & Morticians Assn, Preferred Medical Plan, Wills Eye Health System Federal Current

James Boland MEMBERS-AT-LARGE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA Sundquist Group Finance/Credit companies, real estate, securities and investment Federal Former

Karl Racine MEMBERS-AT-LARGE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA Venable LLP Electronic Manufacturing and Equipment, Finance Federal Former

Maria Cardona MEMBERS-AT-LARGE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA Works for the Dewey Square Group Medical Transcription Industry Assn Federal Former

Joe Falk MEMBERS-AT-LARGE FLORIDA Policy consultant with lobbying firm Akerman LLP Fed Budget & Appropriations, Education Federal Former

Lacy M. Johnson MEMBERS-AT-LARGE INDIANA Ice Miller LLC Energy, healthcare, natural resources State Current

James Roosevelt Jr. MEMBERS-AT-LARGE MASSACHUSETTS Tufts Associated Health Maintenance Organization Healthcare State Current

Andres Ramirez MEMBERS-AT-LARGE NEVADA Community Loans of America, Pershing Square Capital Management, L.P., Ramirez Group Finance Both Current

J. David Cox MEMBERS-AT-LARGE NORTH CAROLINA American Federation of Government Employees Health issues, homeland security, housing, immigration Federal Former

Joyce Brayboy MEMBERS-AT-LARGE NORTH CAROLINA Goldman Sachs Banking Federal Current

Donald L. Fowler MEMBERS-AT-LARGE & FORMER DNC CHAIRMAN SOUTH CAROLINA Fowler Communications SC Credit Union, Both Former

Nancy Quarles MICHIGAN DNC MEMBER MICHIGAN Advantage Consulting Group Business development State Former

Daryl Newman MICHIGAN DNC MEMBER MICHIGAN Michigan State AFL CIO Labor union State Former

Roy Temple MISSOURI DNC MEMBER MISSOURI Cassidy and Associates Activeion Cleaning Solutions, Bisk Education, CME Group, Deutsche Telekom, Islamic Republic of Pakistan Federal Former

Jorge Quintana MONTANA DNC MEMBER MONTANA Lobbyist to the Secretary of State Legal council State Former

Jacquie Helt MONTANA DNC MEMBER MONTANA SEIU Healthcare Healthcare State Former

Bruce A. Morrison NATL. DEM. ETHNIC COORD. COUNCIL MARYLAND Morrison Public Affairs Group American Families United, American Hospital Assn, AMN Healthcare Services, EB-5 Attorney Group, Essent US Holdings, IEEE-USA, Seamus Literary & Editorial Services, Society for Human Resource Management, US Immigration Fund State Former

Kathleen Sullivan NEW HAMPSHIRE DNC MEMBER NEW HAMPSHIRE Baker & Hostetler Federation of American Hospitals, Schering AG Federal Former

Tonio Burgos NEW JERSEY DNC MEMBER NEW JERSEY Tonio Burgos and Associates and Nyprocoa City of Ocean City, NJ, Greater New York Hospital Assn, Twin Rivers Paper Co Federal Current

John Currie NEW JERSEY DNC MEMBER NEW JERSEY First Chicago NBD Corp Bank One Corp Federal Former

Emily Giske NEW YORK DNC MEMBER NEW YORK Bolton-St. Johns, LLC New Yorkers For Responsible Waste Management, Inc., Immigration Equality Action Fund, Inc., Communities United for Police Reform Action Fund, Inc. State Current

Jennifer Cunningham NEW YORK DNC MEMBER NEW YORK
Managing director of SKDKnickerbocker
Gun control, marriage equality
State Current

Renee Pfenning NORTH DAKOTA DNC MEMBER NORTH DAKOTA North Dakota Electrical Workers Council, Missouri Slope Central Labor Council Energy State Former

Joseph Rugola OHIO DNC MEMBER OHIO
Ohio Association of Public School Employees (OAPSE)
Education State Current

Valarie J. McCall OHIO DNC MEMBER OHIO City of Cleveland International Affairs State Current

Frank Montanaro Sr. RHODE ISLAND DNC MEMBER RHODE ISLAND Rhode Island State Association of Fire Fighters, Rhode Island AFL-CIO Labor Union State Former

Jamie R. Harrison SOUTH CAROLINA DNC MEMBER SOUTH CAROLINA Principal at the Podesta Group Fed Budget & Appropriations Federal Former

William Owen TENNESSEE DNC MEMBER TENNESSEE Asset and Equality Corporation Medical, energy Federal Former

Glen Maxey TEXAS DNC MEMBER TEXAS American Lung Association of Texas Medical State Former

Dennis Speight TEXAS DNC MEMBER TEXAS Texas Watch Home and auto insurance State Current

Susan Swecker VIRGINIA DNC MEMBER VIRGINIA Laborers International Union of North America Labor union State Former

Doris Crouse Mays VIRGINIA DNC MEMBER VIRGINIA Virginia AFLCIO Labor union State Former

Elaine A. Harris WEST VIRGINIA DNC MEMBER WEST VIRGINIA Comm. Workers of America AFLCIO; Troopers Assn./WV Employment Issues; Insurance; Labor; Retirement/Pensions State Current

For the record I voted Green Party. Not that you deserve to know with your attitudes and instant ad hominem attacks. Very predictable, BTW. Taking tips from our esteemed President? Sounds like you would fit right in to his administration.

How did voting for a 3rd party candidate with 0 chance to win work out for you and the country? Those wasted votes could have kept Trump from winning the Electoral college. Any borrowers remorse when the first thing he did was pull the U.S. out of the Climate Change Treaty? How about after watching him at the Helsinki press conference?

"Third-party candidates took solid portions of the vote in a handful of key swing states, leaving some too close to call for hours by collectively outnumbering the votes that gave Republican Donald Trump a thin lead."

How did voting for a 3rd party candidate with 0 chance to win work out for you and the country? Those wasted votes could have kept Trump from winning the Electoral college. Any borrowers remorse when the first thing he did was pull the U.S. out of the Climate Change Treaty? How about after watching him at the Helsinki press conference?

"Third-party candidates took solid portions of the vote in a handful of key swing states, leaving some too close to call for hours by collectively outnumbering the votes that gave Republican Donald Trump a thin lead."

How do you know that this would be the result? Trump won PA by 50k votes. The green party had 50k votes.
By the way, the libertarian party had 150k votes in PA.

Trump won michigan by a few thousand votes... Green party had 50k votes, Lib party had 170k
Trump won Wisconsin by a few thousand votes... Green party had 30k votes, Lib party had 100k

If the Green and Libertarians could only vote for Trump or Hillary, Trump would have won by more. Libertarians aren't voting Hillary.
So you can stop stressing about the past, the outcome would have been the same.

At this point you are intentionally being obstinate or simply confrontational. I give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not stupid and can do the math.

I live in NYS. If the Democrat needs my vote to win NYS, they have already lost the election nationally. If the Republican needs my vote to win NYS, they have already won the election nationally. I already stated previously how the ridiculous electoral college disenfranchises voters in solid red or solid blue states. But you chose to ignore that so you could grasp at straws, because the rest of your argument is so hollow.

Based on the philosophy you are espousing, we will never have alternatives to the corrupt two party system that rigs every election. Republocrats / Corporatists or nothing for you. Since my vote does not count in NYS, I voted GREEN (whose platform I mostly support BTW, God forbid I vote my convictions) in the slim hope that they might nationally get enough votes to qualify for federal funds for the Green party.

Love how you are looking to assign blame to everyone but HRC and the dirty DNC. Love how my lack of unqualified support for the incompetent yet power hungry dems means that I am a Trump fanatic. Keep it up. See how it works out for everyone in the coming elections.

1) Yes in this corrupt country

2) This would make logical sense if he was donating to politicians specifically, but he donated to a PAC whose sole purpose is to keep GOP candidates in and Democrats out

3) Tell me about it

4) Democrats. Get the GOP out in Nov

I’ve changed my original post BTW. I’m going to wait and see... but if I go home with a $70k Tesla and my wife thinks it’s gone to the xenophobic women-hating party (which she will) I’m going to be in a lot of trouble...

The word "xenophobic" as currently used in the media, is not very clear. To be succinct, I discriminate against noone with respect to nationality, ethnicity, religions, sexual preferences,.... But, what I vehemently oppose is ILLEGAL immigration. The media likes to accuse people with my viewpoint as being racist, xenophobic,... I welcome all immigrants who enter this country through via legal means. There are things to like and dislike about both political parties (and too bad there are only 2 relevant parties), but one thing I approve of by President Trump is the hard stance on ILLEGAL immigrants. So, let me ask you this: are you approving of ILLEGALS crossing our border?

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
1) Yes in this corrupt country

2) This would make logical sense if he was donating to politicians specifically, but he donated to a PAC whose sole purpose is to keep GOP candidates in and Democrats out

3) Tell me about it

4) Democrats. Get the GOP out in Nov

I’ve changed my original post BTW. I’m going to wait and see... but if I go home with a $70k Tesla and my wife thinks it’s gone to the xenophobic women-hating party (which she will) I’m going to be in a lot of trouble...

Both parties use xenophobia at their convenience and have for centuries, in fact Russia-gate is the excellent example of xenophobic behavior by the other party.. Let's all stop being sheeple and understand what is going on. If your wife is worried about the Tesla, you might not want her to know where your taxpayer dollars are going as well or where you oil $$$ go..

I really like the cui bono style of the post by @T34ME, he/she gets it, these guys would be cool to have over for a dialog about politics or really anything. Elon Musk Unmasked as Top Donor to House Republican PAC

The word "xenophobic" as currently used in the media, is not very clear. To be succinct, I discriminate against noone with respect to nationality, ethnicity, religions, sexual preferences,.... But, what I vehemently oppose is ILLEGAL immigration. The media likes to accuse people with my viewpoint as being racist, xenophobic,... I welcome all immigrants who enter this country through via legal means. There are things to like and dislike about both political parties (and too bad there are only 2 relevant parties), but one thing I approve of by President Trump is the hard stance on ILLEGAL immigrants. So, let me ask you this: are you approving of ILLEGALS crossing our border?

I feel that same way - people should read a little don't you think? History tells a very different story about the xenophobic party verses what we see on the news today. Revisionist history is all around us.

Last edited:

Something is illegal because congress made a law making it illegal, so, "illegals" are only illegal because of politically-based laws enacted by our legislature. If the laws concerning immigration changed tomorrow and became more lenient, would you still support the law? In other words, is your support of laws absolute or conditional? For example, Joe Arpaio breaks the law all the time, but many people support his breaking of laws because they don't like the laws he breaks. Same situation with Ammon Bundy. So, when people talk about "illegals" and "law and order", do they mean absolute support of all laws or conditional support of laws? In the end, laws are just the tool of politics, which brings us back to the OP, when someone spends money to support a candidate to get laws passed that serve them.... are we really talking about the sanctity of law and order or are we just supporting a system of pay for play laws?

For example, Joe Arpaio breaks the law all the time, but many people support his breaking of laws because they don't like the laws he breaks. Same situation with Ammon Bundy.

One gets pardoned, and the other gets acquitted due to incompetent prosecution. I spent four days in Portland watching the trial of the Bundynistas. Yes, those are prime examples of individuals who flout the law, and have enough support among the public to be able to continue their defiance.

Of course, we will see how our laws will change in the coming decades as the Supreme Court appears to be undergoing a monumental shift to the right. Don't like Roe v. Wade? Let's re-litigate it! It is indeed unfortunate that the whole "advise and consent" of the Senate is just noise nowadays. They just want to keep their job, power, and prestige at any cost.

While I think most will agree with you on illegal immigration, what has needed improvement is the legal means to immigrate to the United States. Until that is fixed, they will keep coming illegally, wall or no wall. Check into how long and how difficult (currently) it is to actually immigrate to the United States from Mexico or other countries to the south of us. I am opposed to a continuous physical wall, but I am all for an electronic wall. Cheaper and quicker and can span all terrain. It would also let us shift to more manpower. This President isn't more against illegal immigration than the preceding ones. He has just used it as a tool to excite his base, and in my opinion, has some poor ideas on how to stop illegal immigration. President Reagan, who is revered by many in the Republican Party, was all for tearing down walls...

Last edited:
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
I admit that I haven’t read the majority of the above posts, so I apologize if I sound repetitive. I came across this thread after searching something to the effect of ‘electric vehicle supoort by other republicans.’
See, I’ve been appalled by my country turning science into a presumed political perspective.

Every other part of our ‘all or none’ mentality has left me perplexed as well. When people presume I am a gun-toting, F-the-Earth, pro-abortion, white supremacist because I am a republican, then jump to the presumption that I am gun fenatic, green-peace, pro-choice, no-borders Democrat when they see my Tesla... I am stunned.

I would expect any good company in the US to appeal to both parties. Consider this: Do you know the political leanings of your other favorite product CEOs?

I call this polarization, and its necessary to create a divide when one doesn't really exist. Also I would say I am more right wing- Libertarian, but my vote doesn't count unless I pick one of the bi-polar institutions..

Wonder what a gun-toting, economically liberal, greenie, who thinks people should work for a living and who hates foreigners stealing from our tax base is called?

Right-libertarianism (or right-wing libertarianism) refers to libertarian political philosophies that advocate negative rights, natural law and a major reversal of the modern welfare state.[87] Right-libertarians strongly support private property rights and defend market distribution of natural resources and private property.[88] This position is contrasted with that of some versions of left-libertarianism, which maintain that natural resources belong to everyone in an egalitarian manner, either unowned or owned collectively.[89] Right-libertarianism includes anarcho-capitalism and laissez-faire, minarchist liberalism.[note 1]

No vote is wasted, you vote what you believe is best and every vote counts.