Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk Unmasked as Top Donor to House Republican PAC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Kinda harsh, but dead on. ;)

Sermon on the Mount - Judge and get Judged. Remember this one from my early religious indoctrination.

Seth Abramson always with great points.

Seth Abramson on Twitter

"I agree. The fact is, @elonmusk donates *200 times more* to the Sierra Club than to the GOP. We progressives need to choose our damn battles. Elon Musk is imperfect, as all of us are, but he has *never* been an enemy of progress. Indeed, he's always been an *ally* of the future."

in response to this from Sierra Club:

"There have got to be better topics of debate than whether @elonmusk is committed to climate action. He has dedicated his career to the mission of replacing fossil fuels with clean energy & has strongly backed the Sierra Club's advocacy work. We are proud to have his support."

I am amazed that people can’t have their own opinions and be respected for them if someone else disagrees, especially with religion and politics. How quick we all are to think we have the right conclusion or information. Nobody knows 1% of anything that is really going on.

Thanks for endorsing ignorance. However some people invest serious time and effort to seek out and understand information that is accurate, and base our political opinions and decisions on verifiable facts.

Thanks for endorsing ignorance. However some people invest serious time and effort to seek out and understand information that is accurate, and base our political opinions and decisions on verifiable facts.
I agree ...but when faced with someone who does not understand or agree to label them or look down on them is not the way forward.
Just a few post's up was a label..."sheeple" that is not helpful nor is "libtard" "redneck" or any number of other labels.
Education is the only way forward. So when I am in contact with people with other opinion's I try and listen instead of label them.

Full disclosure it is not always possible.

Funny you say...

Apple's Cook to host Paul Ryan fundraiser amid Trump woes

Yes, this is how the game is played.

Have fun selling your Tesla, and buying an ICE and contributing to climate change :)

Microsoft Co-founder Paul Allen donated far more than musk to the same PAC, are you going to use exclusively Macs now and dump windows?

This is the problem with politics. Its all or nothing for people, pure black/white. Just because someone supports a republican doesn't mean they support Trump. Republicans are anti-union and anti-tarrif, two things that would help Tesla. Think about that for a second.

Elon Musk’s politics are as enigmatic as his businesses

Turns out he gives basically the same amount to republicans as he does democrats.

• Helpful
  • Funny
Reactions: xyeahtony and EinSV
However some people invest serious time and effort to seek out and understand information that is accurate, and base our political opinions and decisions on verifiable facts.

Yeah, I don't actually know anyone like that. My friends on both sides of the aisle are largely knee-jerk talking-point robots. Occasionally they will spend an evening becoming an "expert" on some obscure subject like the emoluments clause or the Flores agreement, but the study is only done to support their pre-existing opinions, and once you try to discuss anything past their new knowledge, they generally just get mad at you.

• Funny
Reactions: Raechris and Dr. J
Funny you say...

Apple's Cook to host Paul Ryan fundraiser amid Trump woes

Yes, this is how the game is played.

Touche. I guess on principle none of us can use any type of personal computer, or just exist period. Republicans are associated with every single thing we use out there. haha!

Then again I still eat at chick fil a and I support gay marriage. nothing beats a good chicken sandwich.

I agree ...but when faced with someone who does not understand or agree to label them or look down on them is not the way forward.
Just a few post's up was a label..."sheeple" that is not helpful nor is "libtard" "redneck" or any number of other labels.
Education is the only way forward. So when I am in contact with people with other opinion's I try and listen instead of label them.
Full disclosure it is not always possible.

Agreed. I think it was on 60 Minutes I saw a long piece on a remarkable black man who had the courage and intellect to get to know various white KKK members. His approach doing this gradually over time led them to think of him as a friend. Then slowly recognize his humanity and goodness. Several eventually came to understand, give up their hatred and left the Klan.

I'm progressive and try to ask questions, research and peel layers off whatever onion I'm looking closely at.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.” The words belong to Daniel Patrick Moynihan, and they have a haunting quality in our own age of poisoned public discourse. Here's another Moynihan contribution: “defining deviancy down.”

Sometimes when I'm with friends further the the left, I will bring up facts (as I know them, sometimes they know deeper) to challenge one or another of their opinions. That is usually enjoyable as it often makes everyone think a little deeper about why they believe what they do.

Yeah, I don't actually know anyone like that. My friends on both sides of the aisle are largely knee-jerk talking-point robots. Occasionally they will spend an evening becoming an "expert" on some obscure subject like the emoluments clause or the Flores agreement, but the study is only done to support their pre-existing opinions, and once you try to discuss anything past their new knowledge, they generally just get mad at you.
You need new friends. As do I. :D

Hate the game not the player.

It’s not Elon’s fault. This is how you do it. You throw money around in all directions to have access to the politicians.

It is disgusting. But it is what it is. People who are ignorant of the process will be up in arms...they are sheep.

BTW, what is so great about the Democrats that we should be falling all over ourselves to only give money to them? Their handpicked and anointed candidate gave us Trump. Yeah, let me make sure I give them some more dough.

OK, 'splain the Ethereum giveaway to me? That's a lot more concerning than Elon's politics. What's it all about?

eion.png

That is a capital I not a lowercase L in the fake twitter account announcing the fake crypocurrency giveaway (scam).

Even Elon Musk is talking about the cryptocurrency scam epidemic on Twitter
Even Elon Musk is Talking About Twitter's Crypto Scambot Epidemic

The fake site made it look like the "giveway" was almost over and you had moments to send them cryptocurrency to get a multiple sent back to you. Classic "act now or miss out" scam sign. Also had a fake promo for a free model 3 if you sent in enough to them.

• Informative
Reactions: bro1999 and Dr. J
The number of times I’ve lectured people about not falling for clickbait crap, and here I did myself. This just unwinds with the smallest amount of prodding.

Daily Beast said “Elon Musk Unmasked as top donor”. Links to Mediaite which says he donated $30k (no where near the top) and adds context of his other donations. Propublica’s list shows Musk’s donation in the lower percentile.

This is my fault. In my haste to spring this scoop on the forum, I posted before checking it out thoroughly. I tried to edit my post but not an option.

• Helpful
Reactions: EinSV and Dr. J