Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon will deliver the first batch of Model S to Chinese customers on April 22nd!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yep, haha. unfortunately I have to wait until next week. :mad:

Congrats, the interview was great.

Could you share your observation on the sentiment of the people at the event? Was the lady who shouted she was upset something where other people share the same feeling, or was she an unusual case? Also there was the CEO of Autohome interviewed who said that he was disappointed with the rear seats. Do others share that sentiment?

Well, the ceremony event was not that stunning as expected, I share the same feelings as the other participants, especially for the buyers like me who did not get the delivery on the spot, the fact is that I even booked and confirmed the order earlier that those guys, so a little bit disappointed but not like that women ~ haha! I don't know the reason why the she was so upset. As for the guy - CEO from Autohome, as far as I know he is very picky, pls ignore his comments, haha!

Congrats, the interview was great.

Could you share your observation on the sentiment of the people at the event? Was the lady who shouted she was upset something where other people share the same feeling, or was she an unusual case? Also there was the CEO of Autohome interviewed who said that he was disappointed with the rear seats. Do others share that sentiment?

Well, the ceremony event was not that stunning as expected, I share the same feelings as the other participants, especially for the buyers like me who did not get the delivery on the spot, the fact is that I even booked and confirmed the order earlier that those guys, so a little bit disappointed but not like that women ~ haha! I don't know the reason why the she was so upset. As for the guy - CEO from Autohome, as far as I know he is very picky, pls ignore his comments, haha!

Thanks, xdguo. So did you go to the event expecting delivery of your Model S or did you already know that you had to wait until next week?

I already knew it.

Congratulations! Great interview too. :)

Reading your forum signature, and I really love your car configuration!

Just let that woman know many here in the states went through the same thing you're experiencing there now (long waits etc.). In a year, it will all be a memory, and you'll be enjoying your car every day. It will be worth it.

Best car ever.

I don't know, but given the quote by Elon Musk: the demand is more than they can fulfill, I guess it will take at least 4-6 months?!

Thanks, xdguo. Would you be willing to visit the Beijing store and ask them some questions for me?

- how long is wait time for new reservations?
- are the rear seats any different than the U.S. version?
- how any superchargers are planned in China this year?
- will there be more superchargers in Beijing and if so when?
- what's the most popular choice - S85
or P85?
- how many visitors per week visit the Beijing store?
- how many orders per day or week do they take?
- what kind of people are placing orders?

I have any more questions but I'll stop here. :)

Thank you! I agree with you although waiting is somehow frustrated but a happy experience, definitely worth it!
Congratulations! Great interview too. :)

Reading your forum signature, and I really love your car configuration!

Just let that woman know many here in the states went through the same thing you're experiencing there now (long waits etc.). In a year, it will all be a memory, and you'll be enjoying your car every day. It will be worth it.

Best car ever.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, see what I can get when I got the chance to talk to them!

some of the answers :

- the rear seats are the same
- Super chargers : currently there are only two in China, one is in Beijing just outside of Tesla office(only 5 minutes drive from my home:biggrin:), the other one is in Shanghai outside of Tesla Store which is just opened this afternoon. It was said that they are planning to built couple of SCs (maybe 2 ?)along the Beijing/Shanghai highway within this year.

Thanks, xdguo. Would you be willing to visit the Beijing store and ask them some questions for me?

:)

- - - Updated - - -

super charger in Beijing
bjsc1.jpg

bjsc.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Delivery in Shanghai !

sh.jpg

xdguo, thank you for posting all the info and photo's. We appreciate that very much.

I have a question though.

Here in Europe we can easily find out how many cars of a certain model were delivered and registered in a certain month and in a certain European country. That info doesn't come from the car manufacturers, but from the registration authority of the concerning European country. So, even if a car manufacturer doesn't want to reveal how many cars of a certain model it delivered in a certain month in a certain country, we can easily get that information, because it is published on a monthly basis.

In the US that is not the case, meaning that we cannot find out how many Tesla Model S cars were delivered/registered in the US in a certain month.

So, my question to you is: "How does that work in China"?
Do they report how many cars of a certain brand were delivered/registered in a certain month in China?
Would you be so kind to keep us updated on the monthly delivery numbers of the Tesla Model S in China?

Thanks

Unlike Europe, we are not able to get the figures from whoever is in charge of it, no authority is obligate to publish that figure.

xdguo, thank you for posting all the info and photo's. We appreciate that very much.

I have a question though.

Here in Europe we can easily find out how many cars of a certain model were delivered and registered in a certain month and in a certain European country. That info doesn't come from the car manufacturers, but from the registration authority of the concerning European country. So, even if a car manufacturer doesn't want to reveal how many cars of a certain model it delivered in a certain month in a certain country, we can easily get that information, because it is published on a monthly basis.

In the US that is not the case, meaning that we cannot find out how many Tesla Model S cars were delivered/registered in the US in a certain month.

So, my question to you is: "How does that work in China"?
Do they report how many cars of a certain brand were delivered/registered in a certain month in China?
Would you be so kind to keep us updated on the monthly delivery numbers of the Tesla Model S in China?

Thanks