Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Emergency Flashers for First Responders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a first responder with our rescue squad and own a Tesla 3. Is there an upgrade that verified first responders can get for their car that will allow all of the vehicle lights to flash while en route to an emergency call?

Is there an upgrade that verified first responders can get for their car that will allow all of the vehicle lights to flash while en route to an emergency call?
Not that I have heard of. Tesla does have custom software available to help integrate the control of lights/equipment from upfitters. (And they have made changes to allow lights to stay on after exiting the vehicle at the request of police departments, but I don't know if those changes are public or if they are linked to upfitting.)

Upvote 0
I am a first responder with our rescue squad and own a Tesla 3. Is there an upgrade that verified first responders can get for their car that will allow all of the vehicle lights to flash while en route to an emergency call?
Perhaps contact the Fremont, CA police department as I believe that they had a Model S as a patrol vehicle and recent added a Model Y.

ref: Information on Fremont Police Hybrid and Electric Patrol Vehicles | Fremont Police Department, CA

Modifications to the Tesla Patrol Vehicles
  • Overhead light-bar and siren
  • Headlight and rear flashers

Reactions: Msjulie
Upvote 0