Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Envision Solar - EV ARC - Mobile solar powered charging station

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It doesn't look like this has been posted yet, and it's too cool to not post about. It's a mobile solar powered charging station, with energy storage. This is apparently new, so I'm not sure if it's actually been installed anywhere yet. I see something like being useful for far-away, remote areas, events, festivals, etc. Think of things that only last a few days where you'd want something like this to be around, and you could install it/uninstall it very quickly. It's a neat idea.

EV Charging Gets Another Solar Powered Solution | EarthTechling

EV ARCâ„¢ | Solar Panels for Business | Commercial Solar Panels by Envision Solar

Invisioning a SolarchargingSUPERstation!! Well.... Here it is! Pictures!!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Nice idea, but...

I'm 0 for 2 on sites and 0 for 4 in tries in Boulder, CO. I have tried them; the J1772 signals 16 Amps available; charging starts; then within a minute, it faults out and stops. Like I said, a nice idea, but I have yet to see it work in multiple tries!

Do the math. These solar panels will provide only about 2kW power for each car. During the peak daylight.

It's not going to work.

It should work, but...

Those bases have a nice set of batteries for storing the energy gathered while the sun shines. With the reported 16 Amps at 240 Volts, they should be able to deliver about 3.84 kW to a car from the energy stored in the batteries. OTOH, as I said above, I am 0 for 4 attempts at 2 different sites. Not a good indication.

It should work, but...

Those bases have a nice set of batteries for storing the energy gathered while the sun shines. With the reported 16 Amps at 240 Volts, they should be able to deliver about 3.84 kW to a car from the energy stored in the batteries. OTOH, as I said above, I am 0 for 4 attempts at 2 different sites. Not a good indication.

I wonder what was wrong...I would imagine they would have some sort of remote monitoring capability to track failed sessions...bad first experience, not good.