Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eric From Geneva Delivery Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ericfromgeneva

Tesla Pride on YouTube
Jan 13, 2018
Switzerland
First post on the forum so hi to all of you reading this thread! Ordered my MS 75D (white exterior and interior) on 28 October 2017. Order was confirmed on 4 November. Requested a delivery date to "asap" on the website. Estimated delivery date back in November was around mid February 2018. Somewhere along the process, my VIN was changed to J... which I understood then to mean 2018 manufacturing. A few days ago and consistent to a recent discussion with my DS, the website indicates a delivery date of end February-March (while no time estimate was previously stated online). It also says "in production".
My DS told me however that the car was manufactured and out of Fremont on Monday 8 January already.
Very happy and excited to have my car delivered. This will be my first EV. Current car is an Audi TT RS plus coupe (360HP).

Reactions: DIL
First post on the forum so hi to all of you reading this thread! Ordered my MS 75D (white exterior and interior) on 28 October 2017. Order was confirmed on 4 November. Requested a delivery date to "asap" on the website. Estimated delivery date back in November was around mid February 2018. Somewhere along the process, my VIN was changed to J... which I understood then to mean 2018 manufacturing. A few days ago and consistent to a recent discussion with my DS, the website indicates a delivery date of end February-March (while no time estimate was previously stated online). It also says "in production".
My DS told me however that the car was manufactured and out of Fremont on Monday 8 January already.
Very happy and excited to have my car delivered. This will be my first EV. Current car is an Audi TT RS plus coupe (360HP).

Quick update: my MS just arrived in Tilburg (Netherlands). Will get assembled, tested and then sent my way. No effect on estimated delivery date: still end of Feb-March. Cannot wait!

Quick update: my MS just arrived in Tilburg (Netherlands). Will get assembled, tested and then sent my way. No effect on estimated delivery date: still end of Feb-March. Cannot wait!

A bit disappointing news: the previous message was based on My Tesla website. However, during a subsequent call with DS initiated by me, I was informed that I should disregard the tracking status on the above-mentioned website. DS told me my Tesla was actually rather planned to reach Baltimore on 27 Jan (while apparently manufactured on 13 Jan rather than previously 8 Jan communicated to me by DS). Boat not yet confirmed. Delivery date though estimated to be beginning of March... a bit taken aback by this news... in other words, tracking system for manufacturing/delivery on My Tesla website appears to be inaccurate at best and to stay polite...

Really hope delivery will be start of March... and that Tesla improves communication to customers...

On plus side, DS was nice and informative even though not on a proactive basis... Also, DS agreed - upon my pressing request - on lending a MS for a weekend to make up for the wait...

Any similar experience in the community?

Reactions: PrGrPa
Got some update!! My Tesla is aboard Toesnberg ship which departed from Baltimore on 5 Feb and should arrive to Zeebrugge (north of Belgium) on 15 Feb. Tesla website is now correctly updated (see previous confused status in below quote) and foresees still delivery in Switzerland end of Feb - early March. My DS aims rather for end of Feb latest.

Quick wrap-up for my MS key dates so far:
Ordered: Oct 2017
Confirmed: Nov 2017
VIN: Nov 2017 but updated on early Jan 2018 (due to production year)
Production: mid Jan 2018
Embarked on boat to Europe: early Feb 2018
Delivery: planned around end of Feb 2018 (which would be not so far off from very initial estimates of mid Feb 2018)

A bit disappointing news: the previous message was based on My Tesla website. However, during a subsequent call with DS initiated by me, I was informed that I should disregard the tracking status on the above-mentioned website. DS told me my Tesla was actually rather planned to reach Baltimore on 27 Jan (while apparently manufactured on 13 Jan rather than previously 8 Jan communicated to me by DS). Boat not yet confirmed. Delivery date though estimated to be beginning of March... a bit taken aback by this news... in other words, tracking system for manufacturing/delivery on My Tesla website appears to be inaccurate at best and to stay polite...

Really hope delivery will be start of March... and that Tesla improves communication to customers...

On plus side, DS was nice and informative even though not on a proactive basis... Also, DS agreed - upon my pressing request - on lending a MS for a weekend to make up for the wait...

Any similar experience in the community?

Got some update!! My Tesla is aboard Toesnberg ship which departed from Baltimore on 5 Feb and should arrive to Zeebrugge (north of Belgium) on 15 Feb. Tesla website is now correctly updated (see previous confused status in below quote) and foresees still delivery in Switzerland end of Feb - early March. My DS aims rather for end of Feb latest.

Quick wrap-up for my MS key dates so far:
Ordered: Oct 2017
Confirmed: Nov 2017
VIN: Nov 2017 but updated on early Jan 2018 (due to production year)
Production: mid Jan 2018
Embarked on boat to Europe: early Feb 2018
Delivery: planned around end of Feb 2018 (which would be not so far off from very initial estimates of mid Feb 2018)

So my boat arrived to Zeebrugge as planned. Called my DS to check if delivery date could be narrowed down. Answer was not yet until the car is actually charged on truck. From that point on, I collected some quite interesting info:
- 800 Teslas (S and X) were transported with same boat mine was. 600 for Norway, 200 for Switzerland
- Norway has priority for charging in trucks due to number of cars at stake
- First light outdoor inspection is performed in Belgium in view of already ordering materials and pieces for repairs where needed
- It appears 20 cars are charged on truck per day (I assume that is 20 per day per destination country) - eg 10 days needed for the 200 cars for Switzerland
- For cars to Switzerland, first stop is for customs formalities in Basel, then off to Jura entry service center, then dispatch to various service centers within Switzerland, then detailing and preparation for delivery at your local Service center.

Most interesting info was to know 800 cars on that specific boat. Depending on the number of boats per month, that may give a rough idea of S and X per month to Europe.

So my boat arrived to Zeebrugge as planned. Called my DS to check if delivery date could be narrowed down. Answer was not yet until the car is actually charged on truck. From that point on, I collected some quite interesting info:
- 800 Teslas (S and X) were transported with same boat mine was. 600 for Norway, 200 for Switzerland
- Norway has priority for charging in trucks due to number of cars at stake
- First light outdoor inspection is performed in Belgium in view of already ordering materials and pieces for repairs where needed
- It appears 20 cars are charged on truck per day (I assume that is 20 per day per destination country) - eg 10 days needed for the 200 cars for Switzerland
- For cars to Switzerland, first stop is for customs formalities in Basel, then off to Jura entry service center, then dispatch to various service centers within Switzerland, then detailing and preparation for delivery at your local Service center.

Most interesting info was to know 800 cars on that specific boat. Depending on the number of boats per month, that may give a rough idea of S and X per month to Europe.

I was informed yesterday that my MS was put on the truck to Switzerland the same day (1 March). Therefore it took 14 days from arrival in Zeebrugge (15 February) to being charged on the truck. The car should arrive at Tesla SC in Geneva on Monday 5 March. It should be ready for delivery on Friday 9 March however I scheduled my delivery appointment on Monday 12 February as actually and very coincidentally I will be in Brugge (next to Zeebrugge) for business on 8-11 March. Talk about crossed destiny! Haha

I was informed yesterday that my MS was put on the truck to Switzerland the same day (1 March). Therefore it took 14 days from arrival in Zeebrugge (15 February) to being charged on the truck. The car should arrive at Tesla SC in Geneva on Monday 5 March. It should be ready for delivery on Friday 9 March however I scheduled my delivery appointment on Monday 12 February as actually and very coincidentally I will be in Brugge (next to Zeebrugge) for business on 8-11 March. Talk about crossed destiny! Haha
Delivery scheduled on Monday 12 March 2018. I thought this day would never happen. So much anticipation!!

Here are some pics of my MS I just picked up this Monday!
Tesla pics - Google Drive

I also add below the link to my newly opened YouTube account where I just posted my first Tesla video:

Please give it some love by liking and suscribing!

NICE! It was exciting to see your car - I ordered the exact same colors/options, with the exception of 19” wheels. White/white looks awesome, with carbon fiber. Congratulations, and thanks for posting.

Reactions: Ericfromgeneva