Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Error: VCFRONT_a552 Would you drive 60 miles to SC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few days after Mobile Service replaced LV battery (based on previous error message) VCFRONT_a552 appeared. It's about 60 miles to SC in Fayetteville, GA. Any experiences driving with this message? Would driving without A/C help? If I lose steering assist, I can still get it there, but don't want to be stranded waiting on a tow in 90+ temps. Thank you in advance.

Larry in Georgia
2018 Tesla M3 (wifey)
2018 Audi A7 Competition
1967 Chevy C10

A few days after Mobile Service replaced LV battery (based on previous error message) VCFRONT_a552 appeared. It's about 60 miles to SC in Fayetteville, GA. Any experiences driving with this message? Would driving without A/C help? If I lose steering assist, I can still get it there, but don't want to be stranded waiting on a tow in 90+ temps. Thank you in advance.

Larry in Georgia
2018 Tesla M3 (wifey)
2018 Audi A7 Competition
1967 Chevy C10
In particular this one:
Hi guys, maybe someone will find this helpful. After installing a new 12v battery following one of the youtube videos i got this error code. Apparently the sequence of connecting disconnecting terminals and the harness makes a huge difference. So i went to the official tesla battery installation guide, followed their steps and the error cleared off.

It could also be a controller failure, but the above is a possibile thing to try to avoid making an unnecessary trip.