Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VCFRONT_a552

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's all the info shone in the control page. The question is: What is Error a552. It could be as minor as a dead parking lite. Or something major.
I finally got the answer - from Tesla. I scheduled a service visit at the ft Lauderdale, FL center. They seemed to be totally swamped. It was handled very professionally. The put me in an UBER and sent me to Enterprise Rent A Car. I got a Chevy Equinox for 4 days (no cost to me). VERY NICE CAR, BY TIHE WAY. Tesla notified me that my service was complete. I drove back to Enterprise. turned the car in and got a ride over to Tesla.

I also noticed that they had replaced the 12 volt battery. When I asked, I was told that the a552 error was a defect in the front controller that related to the battery. My battery had been replaced about 3 months ago after notifying me of a failure. Apparently, the failure was caused by the front controller defect.

I also got the vcfront_a552 error after update to 2022.4.5.21 I was hoping it could be done by the mobile unit but that is not an option. The controller is directly behind the 12v battery so the repair time shouldn’t be more than an hour or two. I am curious to know the repair time others experienced for this error.

I got this error after an update. I’m two months out of warranty and this is the fourth issue in four months. I asked if this issue affected driving and they said “it can affect power steering and the car could shut down” to which I replied “sounds like that should be covered by drivetrain, then”. Their response was that it is not so I am in a back and forth with them. So far this has been the least reliable new car I have ever owned. Advice appreciated. They have said they will try to “reflash” the unit. Less and less impressed with this vehicle each day.

Hi guys, maybe someone will find this helpful. After installing a new 12v battery following one of the youtube videos i got this error code. Apparently the sequence of connecting disconnecting terminals and the harness makes a huge difference. So i went to the official tesla battery installation guide, followed their steps and the error cleared off.

Hi guys, maybe someone will find this helpful. After installing a new 12v battery following one of the youtube videos i got this error code. Apparently the sequence of connecting disconnecting terminals and the harness makes a huge difference. So i went to the official tesla battery installation guide, followed their steps and the error cleared off.
Kober - thank you so much! Saved me an unnecessary service appointment.