Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Errors in App calculations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I own two Powewall 2s and have 4.9kW solar. Using app 3.8.1, data from one recent day is off by more than 10x.

The graphs for that day are accurate and reflect typical activity, around 15kW hours range of home consumption and battery charge/discharge. But the totals for home usage and to/from powerwall are 339kWh - 410kWh. See attached.

Although the totals indicate I've met over three months of SGIP discharge requirements in one day, the data is obviously wrong and is skewing all subsequent weekly, monthly, and yearly data.

Has anyone encountered errors like this before?

Is there any point in calling Tesla support? My sole previous experience calling them was they were not informed about their own documentation and aren't able to resolve issues.

IMG_2329.png IMG_2324.png IMG_2323.png

Dealing with Powerwall support definitely has been frustrating for me too, but this is the kind of problem they need to fix. I would just bite the bullet and call them and hope they'll escalate to the right people without too much hassle.

jax1, sorry, I never made the effort to call Tesla support. My first experience was poor so I don't want to have another experience of wasted time. Maybe if I read about some positive experiences by others here I'll make the effort.