Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU delivery, Aug 2021 all produced in China

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tigor

Aug 12, 2021
EU
I made my order in July and got a VIN for my MYLR2021 today. By looking at it I found out that it was produced in China. In my country you can buy Model 3 2021 without waiting because they almost always have cars available and those cars are cheaper than creating a new order because they are made in China. If you make an order then you will pay about $2.5k more but it will be produced in delivered from Fremont.

I thought for version Y it was the same, that my custom order means I get a Fremont version, not China. I called Tesla and they told me that all Y21 are made in China because Gigafactory in Berlin is not ready and I should not worry about the QA. They also said that, in fact, Fremont does not produce Y 2021 (I don't really belive that statement).

1. So does Fremont produce Y 2021?
2. Are all EU deliveried of Y 2021 made in China?
3. If not, what should I do about it as I pay the full price, but China version are always cheaper in my country and I guess it will also affect selling price later because buyers will prefer cars made in Germany or USA.