Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV charching at PHL airport - it's here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reposting from teslamotors.com

From what I can find, the only airport parking facility with EV charging near the Philadelphia International Airport is PreFlight Parking (PreFlight Parking Home
). They currently have one space set aside with dedicated access to a 120V outlet (no extra charge, available only for covered (i.e. garage) parking). I've used the space myself, and it's great.

I spoke with the manager, and she said they're thinking about adding more EV charging spaces. She would like a better sense of the need, so I offered to post a message in this forum to poll current and future Tesla owners. I've seen other posts in this forum griping about no EV charging around the PHL airport. Now's your chance to speak up!

If you plan to use the charging station at PreFlight Parking, please respond to this post with how often you typically fly and for how many days. (I'll be sharing a link to this post with the manager.)

Disclaimer: I have no financial interest in PreFlight Parking. I do want to support a facility that's willing to meet my needs as an EV driver.

UPDATE: PreFlight Airport Parking now has three dedicated 120V charging stations available and will be marking other indoor spots with access to outlets as available (but not dedicated) for charging. I've posted this location to Recargo, carstations.com, and PlugShare (may take a few days to appear) and will add pictures after they finish painting the area this week.

I have used PreFlight in Atlanta, because the offer charging, not that I used it. And that they are 1/2 price. It was great, as soon as I figured out how to find the tram when we got back. Had no issues. Just print out and keep your documentation and spot location.

Driver didn't want to drive me without a ticket. Good think my Model S app showed my car in the correct spot, and the sat photos were good enough to read pavement numbers!