Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV vs Gas sport SUV?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I drove my mom's Mercedes GLC AMG Edition 1 and I came to realize that I simply like the feel of EVs alot better. And this is a special edition Mercedes AMG SUV, so it has all bells and whistles.

I drive the Model 3, and I know for sure the Model 3 is faster and more responsive than this Mercedes AMG. When going back to a performance gas based car, it lags hard, you simply can't floor the accelerator and expect to go. It's like you floor it, nothing happens, and suddenly the car goes fast out of nowhere. So you don't really have that same control on an gas car. Also, I felt more dizzy in this AMG car, I'm not sure if it's because it's an SUV or because of the powerful engine. I'm surprised current gen gas cars can't perform like an EV car, where you can floor the accelerator and you just go. With gas, it's like you floor it, nothing happens, and then the car jumps like crazy outta nowhere, possibly going faster than you anticipate since there was a huge time lag between flooring it & car responding to it.

But I did test drive the Model X, and it was like a car that did not know it was an SUV. It may be faster than every AMG or BMW M-series SUV, just for the fact it's electric. I have no idea why my mom didn't like the Model X b/c I think its a much more comfortable car than the Mercedes AMG. And it goes faster with no lag time, great for those times when you must make a left / right turn onto a large street with cars going 40-60 mph. I never had a problem with my Tesla and I can make split second decisions without hesitation.

The only thing I like about Mercedes better is their interior. Which I wish Tesla would consider to have an upgradable interior package to something similar to an Mercedes AMG. Because even entry level Mercedes have swaggy interiors. Wish Tesla couldn't have a distinct badge for faster cars similar to AMG for Mercedes & M-series for BMW. All you get is Performance for Model 3 & P100D for Model S / X.

Also, I really like the button style door opener switch in the Tesla, because I tried pressing a button, but it was really a handle. And when you leave the car, you can just leave the car and not have an engine to turn off, just bring your phone out. I like skipping the step of starting / stopping the engine, it's one less thing to wait for. And if you have to wait for someone to pick up, you don't have to worry about leaving engine on / off. If you're a parent who picks up kids at school, can you have your AC / stereo on while you wait and it will only take energy from your battery rather than a gas car which must burn gas to use AC?