Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do Gen Z hate automation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My arcade friend disagrees with me and Tesla drivers in general using autopilot. He calls them all bad drivers because they want the car to do everything for us and control our lives. But the Tesla may be the only reason I don't care to drive 1+ hour because I have this assurance that autopilot will be there for long drives. Because before I got the first Tesla, driving could feel like a chore even if it's a 1-2 hour drive.

But the autopilot isn't perfect. Because it will randomly brake for no reason and my friend gets really pissed off when it happens and says I'm not paying attention. I tell him what is happening but he thinks me using autopilot is not paying attention. Or maybe a car that was kind of far ahead did something butt he car still braked for no reason something that a normal human wouldn't brake for. But I always disengage it or put my foot on the accelerator if it does that.

But he is Gen Z, or 21 in 2023-24. I thought Gen Z would be for automation and autopilot because they most likely were using an iPhone in elementary school. Like he talks so much *sugar* on autopilot but he won't use a flip phone in 2024. So he is sort of in the middle. He won't talk *sugar* about smart phones controlling our lives but he will talk tons of *sugar* about autopilot on cars controlling lives.

He drives a 2020 Honda Civic. Not the brand newest one but not super old but it's like the most basic model with no GPS. My first car had GPS back in 2006 I thought by now all cars would come standard with GPS. Every car my parents owned after 1999 all had GPS because the Mercedes E55 AMG was the first car I've seen with GPS. And GPS was the first thing I thought was revolutionary tech for a car to have. Autopilot and EV charging was the next revolutionary thing to me when I got the Tesla in 2018-19.

He did say when the Model 2 comes out and if it's really around $17k after tax rebates he may consider purchasing one. He only have to sell 34 PS5s at full retail to get one and maybe he would have paid $4000-$8000 just at the arcade and reselling to get it. Then he could have a car that's cheaper to operate and cheaper on fuel so he can have better profit margins when hitting up multiple arcades. It seems that a Honda Civic with 40 miles gallon is doable to profit off the arcade.