Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evpe shims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed the EVPE Silver Shims on the 2021 Model S Plaid. Very simple installation (less than 30min). About 0.7 degree camber reduction.

423903997_2584554971714685_2084745122920220861_n.jpg

lol after reading your guys posts im having second thoughts on having shims installed by a shop. they quoted me $500 to install their shim kit and to do an alignment. you guys advise the alignment or should i just bail on them and install some washers myself?

also which thickness should i use? im lowered on links and my wheel offsets are modified with 20mm spacers

lol after reading your guys posts im having second thoughts on having shims installed by a shop. they quoted me $500 to install their shim kit and to do an alignment. you guys advise the alignment or should i just bail on them and install some washers myself?

also which thickness should i use? im lowered on links and my wheel offsets are modified with 20mm spacers
That is absurd. I went to the autostore and got a pack of Dorman 965-013D washers and installed 2 on each bolt. Literally took me 30 min to do it. Yes, you will need an alignment after as it will move your toe. Ive helped alot of people with this so let me know if you need assistance.

Which part of SoCal are you in? $500 seems a bit high. My local shop charges an hour of labor for the install plus alignment, totaling around $350.

Wheel & Tire Connection in Irvine is the shop I use.

Adjusting your camber will throw off your toe settings, so I recommend getting an alignment after the shims are installed. With your setup (20mm spacer),
silver shim will be an ideal option.

With the red shims, the amount of camber setting is equivalent to around a 16mm spacer on your wheel. You could also choose this option and remove the current wheel spacer, but the fitment would tuck in slightly more than your current setup.