Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Excellent Tesla Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, let this be the good news on service center experiences thread. I've had my 2017 MS in for service at Watertown, MA and Latham, NY. Both experiences were good. Reps are polite and helpful, service was performed competently. The transition between calling the service center direct for an appointment and using the phone app to get a service appointment was a little shaky, but seemed OK last time. And not the service center's problem. In 50 years of car ownership, I certainly had worse experiences, to the extent that I refused to use dealer service altogether. "Misery loves company" is a very apt comment.

Reactions: toolman335
This title isn't sarcastic, and I hope that praising Tesla service doesn't get me banned from this forum;)
It is ok to say good things, correct?
I ended up having my left front door harness both replaced and rewired. They said the wire was routed incorrectly when built at the factory last year.
They were VERY clear about communication ahead of time. Multiple texts and phone calls ahead of time and throughout the process gave clear and concise information. At both drop-off and pick-up I never saw a human being. My loaner was a nice loaded S:D
FYI it's the Watertown, MA location.
I'm sorry for posting a good service experience. I know that's frowned upon.

I have only had superb experiences with Tesla Service. I've traveled the US from Nevada, California, Seattle, Colorado, and now Ohio, both Cincinnati and Columbus and rural Mobile Service. Using the app, calling them on the phone, everything.
I own a 2014 MS 85 and 2018 M3 D LR and have had plenty of little issues fixed over the years, all under warranty and without charging me. I also initiated my own annual services and changed tires with Tesla and that wasn't cheap but very professional.

This title isn't sarcastic, and I hope that praising Tesla service doesn't get me banned from this forum;)
It is ok to say good things, correct?
I ended up having my left front door harness both replaced and rewired. They said the wire was routed incorrectly when built at the factory last year.
They were VERY clear about communication ahead of time. Multiple texts and phone calls ahead of time and throughout the process gave clear and concise information. At both drop-off and pick-up I never saw a human being. My loaner was a nice loaded S:D
FYI it's the Watertown, MA location.
I'm sorry for posting a good service experience. I know that's frowned upon.

All three of my Tesla service experiences since picking up my used S in January have been positive. Two were mobile, one overnight/in-shop,, all out of the Highland Park, IL location.

Living in Maine, I have a two hour drive to our nearest SC in Peabody (North Short) Massachusetts. Other than a long dive, I've had nothing but excellent service. They have an attentive and knowledgeable Service Manager, Shawn, who takes care of us from scheduling to completion. Nice, spacious location, too.

Peabody has a service center??? I'm in NH and would love that but Watertown, MA shows up as the closest location(and that's where I go). The Peabody location doesn't show up on a map for me. I wonder if it's a special deal for Mainers?;)

My local ranger came for a minor fix and noticed the steering wheel was slightly off center. Service center is only 2 mi from my house and it needed to go there for the alignment. They messed up twice forgetting to do some items and a bad alignment job but they fessed up with no attitude and got it right.

It's worth noting that I have been driving BMWs for a long time. I am still very active on the BimmerFest Forums and still have my 650i convertible. I purchased 6 different 5-series cars from my local dealer in the last 14 years. My wife is in real estate and takes clients in her car often and that is the car of choice for agents in this area. The M3 will be a fine replacement.

The problems with those cars is beyond belief. I had a 2011 530i that they bought back from me after a year due to irreparable issues.

My 2020 Tesla M3 delivered 2 months ago was the replacement for a 2019 BMW E530 hybrid I purchased in March, that they had to Lemon Law. Constant software and hardware issues. 28 days in the shop. Multiple screen replacements, many software software (often taking a day or more to update) and random brake locking on reverse that will give you a headache if not whiplash! There is more but you get the idea. FYI the sticker on this car was about $70k.

Tesla certainly has a way to go to improve their short comings in build quality and customer service, but they are a light year ahead of BMW!!!

I'm a former BMW 5 Series owner. This car replaced that nightmare and I'll never go back.
Last summer my 5 series had all kinds of issues. I had been stalking this forum for a while and as the summer went on I liked the overall tone of what you all sounded like with the M3. It seemed like people were becoming happier. I pulled the trigger in September when my BMW needed $4,500 to pass inspection(it was a 2015 and had been a nightmare since the warranty expired). The timing worked out perfectly!

My M3 acquired in March was in an accident last week and dropped it off at the new Raleigh SC this morning. Experience so far has been great! Scheduling was easy via the app and received a number of texts leading up to my appointment. Service manager introduced herself to me and said the body supervisor would be with me shortly. A couple hours later I received an email from my insurance adjuster that all work needed had been approved and a check to cover the estimated damages was on it's way. Work expected to take 3-4 weeks to complete which is the only downside since I'm now driving an ICE rental until I get my M3 back.

Was hit from behind by a Penske rental truck while stopped at a traffic light. I've been advised to file a diminished value claim with Penske to recoup the drop in value when my lease is up.

I've had one SC experience (replaced a failed A/C condenser) and a couple of mobile ranger visits - one recently for a tire rotation ($39).

In all cases the communication was excellent and timely. The service was completed as promised with no problems.

Well done Tesla.

We drove from the Bay Area to Portland last weekend, and were greeted by 3 inches of unseasonable snow Monday morning! A 3" heavy layer on the car & the streets were filled with deep traffic ruts of smooshed slush. But it was piled over 6" deep in the lanes where tires hadn't rolled.

Adding about 12 miles just in the morning, & parked while getting lunch. In the late evening as we were ready to roll again, I heard scraping under the frunk. Upon inspection, the belly pan had scooped up probably 1 full cubic feet dirty mush. Using a broomstick handle, I was able to dislodge and remove most of it.

Later on, using the app - I asked if I could get the Tesla Service group on Macadam in SW Portland check our belly pan.

No appointment set, they knew scenario - and told me to simply come on by. I did, at about 10:45 AM on Tuesday. The remaining slush had melted and wIthin 15 minutes of arriving, our service advisor named "Jordan" came by to tell me the car was ready!

I ask what had been done. They said 3 plastic pop-rivets had been replaced. Nothing was bent, all was good once again with our M3 LR.
A bIg shout out to Jordan, for helping this traveler in need! THANK YOU JORDAN!

"A friend in need needs a friend indeed!"
:)