TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Exclusive Opening of Tesla Service Center in Richmond, VA!

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by SteelSully, Aug 16, 2017.

1. SteelSully

SteelSully Supporting Member

Haven't seen anyone else post about this yet, but I just got an email invite yesterday to the 'Exclusive Opening of Tesla Richmond' to be held next Wednesday, Aug. 25th from 5:30 - 7:30PM. There won't be charging available just "locally curated bites and fine cocktails". Sounds like a fair trade-off to me! :D

Very pleased to see Tesla moving forward with this despite all the nasty legal battles in Virginia (and even more thrilled that I won't have to drive all the way up to DC for future service appointments!)

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 9.06.14 PM.png

• Informative x 1
  2. cbflip2000

cbflip2000 New Member

How can I get an invite to this event? Currently an owner and need to schedule my one year service appointment at this location. Coming from Virginia Beach.

3. SteelSully

I'm not really sure, like many things at Tesla it appears to be an enigma. I'm from the greater Richmond area (Midlothian), but really wouldn't consider myself all that special besides that simple fact! I did recently upgrade my Tesla from a 70 to a 75, so perhaps they knew I would be coming in very soon after the opening to swap out my badge? Given the limited number of Model S/X owners currently in Richmond, I was a little surprised to hear a few others didn't get the invite either... Do you get all the regular Tesla updates via email and have your communication preferences set for email/phone/sms?

4. VeraC

VeraC Member

In Midlothian too!

5. VeraC

VeraC Member

Did you go to the event??

6. SteelSully

Yes, it was an awesome event - the highlight for me was Terry McAuliffe's speech during the opening ribbon cutting ceremony where he told us that instead of taking just a photo op in a parked Model S, he insisted on taking it out for a short ride. That short ride ended him up on I-64 where he admitted hitting 95 mph and then continued another 14 miles on autopilot!

The hors d'oeuvres were great and the cocktails and local beer were flowing. It was really great to meet and talk with some local TMC members as well. The service center is minimalistic but elegant & beautiful, right inline with what you'd expect from Tesla.

You can watch McAuliffe's speech by clicking below. I left the event confident that Tesla is absolutely NOT going to lose the pending lawsuit and is here to stay!

Tesla opening store in Henrico Friday morning; McAuliffe says 'no question that they ought to be able to sell their cars here'

BTW - I actually was able to book a same-day appointment this past Friday. Just had to swap out my badge to a 75 after getting the software upgrade a month ago (after Tesla lowered the price). I was very impressed with the service, they not only took care of me quickly but gave my car a quick wash & wax and I even had the opportunity to take a 100D out for a quick spin!

• Like x 1
  7. EVTECH

EVTECH Member

• Like x 2
  8. SteelSully

Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing! Glad to see my baby made the cut :D

9. VeraC

VeraC Member

That awesome!!! Made an appointment to test drive the model s on the 13th. Can't wait!!!

• Like x 1
  10. T_E_S_L_A

T_E_S_L_A Member

So glad this is finally open! Thanks for the great pics too. Not an owner yet but hope to be very...very..very soon :). Coming from Virginia Beach as well. Better than having to go all the way to D.C. Now all I have to hope for is that they eventually build one down here in Hampton Roads;)

11. EVTECH

EVTECH Member

There will be a mobile service tech based in Hampton Roads for at least a year and likely until a service center is opened down here. Email me if you have any questions before/during/after you get your car. [email protected]

Also not sure if you got word of the event but there will be 20 or so Teslas at the event next week along with a dozen other plug-in cars.

National Drive Electric Week Event - Virginia Beach

12. BigD0g

BigD0g Member

Probably the best mobile service tech ;), also given VADA and how long it took to get the 2nd location, who knows what it will take to get a 3rd location :mad:

• Funny x 1
  13. BigD0g

BigD0g Member

IMG_4498.PNG

Interesting, I guess the richmond service center does have super chargers inside. My cars in for service and I caught this:

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1