Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Experience with Tysons Corner Service Center?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hoping to take possession of a Model S soon. New to Tesla. My biggest worry is the service center experience. Anyone have experience with the Tysons Corner, VA one? Just curious what I may be getting into with that one. Thanks!

Hoping to take possession of a Model S soon. New to Tesla. My biggest worry is the service center experience. Anyone have experience with the Tysons Corner, VA one? Just curious what I may be getting into with that one. Thanks!
I live in the NoVA area as well and have used the Tesla Tyco Center as my “primary” Tesla service center for the last several years. In general with Tesla, what I have found is that the less you really need to use them, which should naturally be the case…the better the ”experience” is with their service centers. That said, if you’re taking delivery at Tysons, it’s been several years now for me, but I expect they are short-staffed and doing large volumes of delivery daily. In 2016 when I got my Model X, there was at least 1 hour spent with a customer walking them through the car, answering questions, and ensuring they had a positive experience. I‘ve heard that’s changed dramatically, partly because they have laid off a lot of staff since then. Don’t expect a lot of support, time spent walking through the vehicle…watch the online tutorial videos or talk to owners such as myself with your questions; I’m happy to help If you have questions. :)

Ironically enough, I’m likely taking delivery of my S Plaid in a few weeks at Tysons. I’m not expecting a lot from them and assuming the car is in great condition overall, I will not rely on them for much help. The Sterling, VA service center is entirely dedicated to service, not sales/deliveries from my understanding. They are efficient and helpful, but again, the less you need Tesla to help you…the better your experience will be in my opinion. One positive service/support I can vouch for is mobile service if/when you need it. They are great, pretty reliable, good communication and those Technicians are there to really help resolve whatever is needed quickly.

Reactions: KSoze
So I picked up my Model S in Jan 2022 a day before it was supposed to be delivered to my house. I went 30 mins before closing and they were nice enough to grab it for me and set it up for me. The sales guy was very courteous and helpful, considering I was too impatient to wait 1 day for the car to be delivered to me.

Have any questions ready to go and they should be able to help. I have complained of a few items after pick-up and they have fixed any and all things I have pointed free of charge.

Overall not as bad as you would think, and not as good as a luxury German car dealership.

Reactions: KSoze and XHokie