Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extended warranty by XCare EV Protection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anybody have experience with EV XCare extended warranty contracts?
I have XCare on my Model 3 and my Model Y. The biggest complaint about the warranty is that they will not approve your claim until Tesla provides the exact reason for a part failing. The Tesla technicians rarely state the exact reason for a part failing, and the service rep do not want to add any notes for 'liability' reasons. You're forced to continue asking Tesla until they relent via text messages in the app. Only then will XCare approve the claim. In my recent experience, I had two items that needed to be addressed. The first item was approved, but the second item was not. The second item has been a known issue (upper control arms) and would have been covered by the Tesla warranty according to the service rep. I forced Tesla to provide me a reason for an upper control arm failing via text messages in the app, and because of the reason they gave me, XCare denied the claim. The reimbursement check takes about two weeks on average to get.

@MilSpec thank you for your continued feedback on XCare and our processes. We are always looking for ways to improve and streamline the process for everyone involved.
Cause of Failure is important so we can confirm eligibility of coverage. We need to verify if there was any corrosion or physical damage that would be outside of your coverage.
We do advise our members to communicate with a simple copy & paste via the Tesla mobile app asking cause of failure- A) Internal B)Corrosion/ rust C)Physical damage... That is how Tesla Service prefers to be communicated. They have been super responsive to our members when it is posed in this way.
And we apologize for any delays experienced during the reimbursement process- The US mail service continues to struggle as i am sure many are aware.
I am happy we would take care of the first portion of your claim and as always please feel free to reach me anytime @ [email protected] or [email protected]

Last edited: