Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
X-Care Postcard copy.png

Service Available XCare EV Protection

Protection for your EV - comprehensive coverage with a variety of terms to see your needs. Battery + Drive Unit available for Teslas. Payment plans available.
Free
Related vehicle
  1. Model S
  2. Model 3
  3. Model X
  4. Model Y
  5. Cybertruck

Details

XCare from Xcelerate Auto is the first extended warranty designed for EV's with a strong focus on working around Tesla Service! Created by former Tesla Partners and leadership, with a dynamic team that is mostly former Tesla. We are not only Tesla owners, but helped build Tesla as a company, and wrote the playbook on the DTC experience. We have created the XCare extended warranty to aid those who are looking to own the car for years to come, or simply want the peace of mind in case there are any component failures.

EV's are fun to drive and easy to service but can be expensive to repair. We provide the flexibility to choose a plan that suits your needs and driving habits. (Payment plans now available).

Team XCare will ensure your vehicle is repaired right and get you back on the road fast.

Check us out today and even get a fast quote- XCare by Xcelerate Auto

Thanks and Happy Driving!

-Team XCare
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you explain the payment plan option? Is there a fee?
Hi @Predation
It is simply 20% down and 11 equal payments of the balance with no interest or fees. :)
Our payment plan option is not advertised on the site as of yet (we are working on it!) If you are interested in our 0% financing option, navigate to the site, enter your vehicle info, select your term, and go all the way until you see the payment screen. Exit the page and someone from our team will reach out to assist. Be sure to let them know that you are interested in the payment plan.
-Team XCare

Hi @Predation
It is simply 20% down and 11 equal payments of the balance with no interest or fees. :)
Our payment plan option is not advertised on the site as of yet (we are working on it!) If you are interested in our 0% financing option, navigate to the site, enter your vehicle info, select your term, and go all the way until you see the payment screen. Exit the page and someone from our team will reach out to assist. Be sure to let them know that you are interested in the payment plan.
-Team XCare
Cool! Can you do more than 20% down?

Absolutely!-

Before scheduling an appointment with Tesla service please begin by filling out the online form to kickstart your claim Kickstart your XCare Claim. Or call Tesla Claims at 877-302-1715, to open the claim.

A claims representative will reach out to confirm they have received your claim (and will provide the following instructions as well.)

Then make your appointment with Tesla Service as usual via your app.
Tesla service will provide an initial estimate via your app that we ask that you send us so we can input all necessary service information.

*When the vehicle is inspected and the issue is diagnosed Tesla will send you an UPDATED estimate. This will have technician notes and repairs required. (forward to [email protected])
*We will also need to know the Cause of Failure for the components (1. Internal 2. physical damage 3. Corrosion/ rust/ rodent damage).
If this is not noted on the estimate we may require you to use your app to contact Tesla service for clarification.

Once claims reviews the estimate including Cause of Failure and required repairs they will be able to determine eligibility.
You will receive an email with Authorization to proceed with the eligible repairs. And work can begin on your vehicle.
(*You must have authorization before any repairs are made or your claim will be denied.)

When the work is completed Tesla will send you the final invoice (forward again to Evclaims@enduranceds.com).

To process payment to Tesla service during our business hours (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm central), call us at (877-302-1715) and we will pay over the phone.
For after hours or weekend pickup, please forward your Service Advisor's email to claims with the final invoice and
we'll send payment info to them directly.
Then simply pay your deductible (and any non-claims items) and drive off!
(If for any reason your Service Center/Mobile Tech cannot accept third party payments, we'll reimburse you within 7-10 business days.)

Please let me know if i can clarify any of the steps further- Or you can reach me direct at [email protected]

Thank you!

My question is about time and how cumbersome the process seems,

The time between THIS: *When the vehicle is inspected and the issue is diagnosed Tesla will send you an UPDATED estimate. This will have technician notes and repairs required. (forward to [email protected])

and THIS: Once claims reviews the estimate including Cause of Failure and required repairs they will be able to determine eligibility.
You will receive an email with Authorization to proceed with the eligible repairs. And work can begin on your vehicle.
(*You must have authorization before any repairs are made or your claim will be denied.)

--How is much time is passing by?

The reason I ask this is because: I live an easy 1.5-2 hours away (involving a Ferry ride) from the nearest Tesla service center, I assume I'd be sitting there in Tesla's service building for an undetermined amount of time with nowhere to go until all the correspondence with XCare is completed. Tesla doesn't offer loaners on out-of-warranty vehicles in for repair (according to Tesla's chat service).

And then how does it work with Mobile Service and they come out to my house, is the Service guy able to wait at my house until it's determined eligible?

Thanks again!

Thank you!

My question is about time and how cumbersome the process seems,

The time between THIS: *When the vehicle is inspected and the issue is diagnosed Tesla will send you an UPDATED estimate. This will have technician notes and repairs required. (forward to [email protected])

and THIS: Once claims reviews the estimate including Cause of Failure and required repairs they will be able to determine eligibility.

--How is much time is passing by?

The reason I ask this is because: I live an easy 1.5-2 hours away (involving a Ferry ride) from the nearest Tesla service center, I assume I'd be sitting there in Tesla's service building for an undetermined amount of time with nowhere to go until all the correspondence with XCare is completed. Tesla doesn't offer loaners on out-of-warranty vehicles in for repair (according to Tesla's chat service).

And then how does it work with Mobile Service and they come out to my house, is the Service guy able to wait at my house until it's determined eligible?

Thanks again!
Very great questions. Depending on the day, the average turn around time is about 1-2 hours. You can always call into the claims line (877-302-1715) to expedite the process (same with mobile service). If you have all the requested info and repair notes on the estimate and cause of failure defined this will eliminate they need for any back/ forth and wasted time.

Very great questions. Depending on the day, the average turn around time is about 1-2 hours. You can always call into the claims line (877-302-1715) to expedite the process (same with mobile service). If you have all the requested info and repair notes on the estimate and cause of failure defined this will eliminate they need for any back/ forth and wasted time.
Awesome thank you!

Couple more questions:

-How do I get Tesla to put the reason for failure on the estimate/wherever it is XCare needs it? (I just heard Tesla will not do this.)
-Through your experience, does expediate mean during the same phone call with XCare?
-How does the rental re-imbursement work if I have it with XCare?
-How likely is Tesla to accept payment from XCare directly?

I'm trying to figure the process/how to time things on my days off to take the car in. Can't find info on the time it takes for all this to get done anywhere.

Not sure how well it would go telling the mobile service guy that he'll have to wait around for around for me to get a callback/email from
XCare to start working on the car, and with the distance to and from Tesla's service from me it's highly likely the car would have to be left on Tesla's open lot, overnight, in one of the highest crime areas of the country while this is all worked out on XCare's end. Meanwhile I'd have to figure out transportation home, long distance and ferries involved. Can't just jump in the car, take it to Tesla walk home. I guess I could Uber it, would likely be $500 bucks though.

Awesome thank you!

Couple more questions:

-How do I get Tesla to put the reason for failure on the estimate/wherever it is XCare needs it? (I just heard Tesla will not do this.)
-Through your experience, does expediate mean during the same phone call with XCare?

I'm trying to figure the process/how to time things on my days off to take the car in. Can't find info on the time it takes for all this to get done anywhere.

Not sure how well it would go telling the mobile service guy that he'll have to wait around for around for me to get a callback/email from
XCare to start working on the car, and with the distance to and from Tesla's service from me it's highly likely the car would have to be left on Tesla's open lot, overnight, in one of the highest crime areas of the country while this is all worked out on XCare's end. Meanwhile I'd have to figure out transportation home, long distance and ferries involved. Can't just jump in the car, take it to Tesla walk home. I guess I could Uber it, would likely be $500 bucks though.
- For the cause of failure you can ask them to include it in the 'Repair Notes' line of your service estimate. Or this can be communicated via the app and we can accept a screenshot with their response. If you are planning to stay w/ your vehicle at service it might be easiest to get them to include it on your estimate.

-The expedite would be to call the claims line directly so the information can be collected directly by a claims representative

- Reimbursement would happen for the eligible repairs that are authorized. You can pay for the work and then submit the final PAID invoice via email. The reimbursement checks typically arrives in 7-10 days and would be mailed to your address on file

- 9/10 times we are able to work with Tesla service to issue payment (some centers still refuse to accept 3rd party warranties but we are working to educate them all on our product and process). But that is where the reimbursement would come in as well. Unfortunately its a per service center basis and they aren't consistent in all of their practices.. . They will work with you/ us to collect payment over the phone or typically via email ( we just need the service advisors email address to submit payment directly)

All in all it really comes down to that we will process the claim along side Tesla. So as quickly as they can diagnose the vehicle and complete the work.... One of their most strict metrics is the churn of vehicles in/ out of service in as little time as possible. And we will keep up with them.
And for mobile service as long as we have all the required information on the initial estimate and they can communicate the required info quickly we to can authorize while they are with you. Or again if they need to leave we can reimburse you.

If you would like to speak to one of our sales members directly we are more than happy to discuss further- feel free to reach out [email protected] OR 800.655.3509

Question - looking at the website it appears that coverage starts now when you buy the policy, versus stacking at the end of the OEM warranty. I don’t want to pay for coverage that I already have but would like to extend in time and miles from that expiration. Is this possible?

Question - looking at the website it appears that coverage starts now when you buy the policy, versus stacking at the end of the OEM warranty. I don’t want to pay for coverage that I already have but would like to extend in time and miles from that expiration. Is this possible?
Hi @Leftlane22 happy to help. XCare pricing is based on the age of the vehicle and miles at coverage purchase, and takes into account remaining factory warranty, so getting in early is actually a great way to save over purchasing comparable coverage at the end of the warranty.

For example, say you've got a newer Model 3, you drive 16,000 miles per year and you want to keep the car for 10 years.

If you purchase a 10 year/150k warranty at/near new car delivery time, your cost (today) with $100 deductible is $3839.

The equivalent coverage purchased just over three years of ownership (over 50k miles) would be a 7 year/100k miles warranty, cost (today) $5237

From the above example and assuming no price rise in the next 3 years you would save $1398.

Hope this is helpful! -Team XCare

I guess what I’m asking is a 10 year 150k warranty bought at new car delivery is really a 6 year 100k extended warranty since you are already under the OEM new car warranty for 4/50k. For my car - 2022 Model S Plaid w 18k miles - I have 32k miles and 2 1/2 years left under factory coverage. If I buy a 10 year warranty, I would want it to stack at the end of my factory warranty, which ends up being 14 years in total. Make sense? If the coverage starts now I am wasting 2 1/2 years and 32k miles of coverage (in other words double paying). Maybe the lower cost now versus later is the main factor?

I guess what I’m asking is a 10 year 150k warranty bought at new car delivery is really a 6 year 100k extended warranty since you are already under the OEM new car warranty for 4/50k. For my car - 2022 Model S Plaid w 18k miles - I have 32k miles and 2 1/2 years left under factory coverage. If I buy a 10 year warranty, I would want it to stack at the end of my factory warranty, which ends up being 14 years in total. Make sense? If the coverage starts now I am wasting 2 1/2 years and 32k miles of coverage (in other words double paying). Maybe the lower cost now versus later is the main factor?
Yes, for maximum time waiting til the end of the factory coverage is ideal, but if a total of 10 years is optimal then purchasing early saves over comparable coverage at the end of the coverage. In the above example, the assumption was slightly higher than average usage at 16k miles/year, hence the 7 year example at the end of warranty. Glad to help! Team XCare

Awesome thank you!

Couple more questions:

I bought the Xcelerate coverage, back in 2021. So far I had 6 claims with them. The firs 5 where pretty smooth and straight forward, but my last claim was a night mare - I believe its all because they implemented this new extra steps with cause of failure and all this.
In my experience tesla service doesn't want to communicate with xcelerate and I understand them, who want's to waste extra time if they can just deal with their customer. So all communication has to go through me. Now instead of going on my tasks for the day I have to be the messenger between them 2.

Example on my current service:
    1. I get the estimate from tesla
    2. Xcelerate wants the causes on it
      1. tesla says if you want that then you have to approve at least 1 h labor for them to inspect the items and update the invoice
      2. ask xcelerate that - they say I have to approve it since I will have to pay it if the item is not coverred
    3. I came with known tesla's design failure of halfshaft rattling when accelerating after a turn (replaced it already 2 times, this is 3rd one) and falcon wing door sensor
    4. All this back and forth takes time (hours)
      1. Tesla says that if I don't give them an answer quick they will have to reschedule my appointment for a time when I'm ready to repair it
A freind of mine has the Tesla extended warranty and the process is waay smoother. Telsa warranty costs a little bit more, but its worth to do that for a quick process and less headache and waste of time and money. I will definitely go with tesla's ESL, I don't recommend getting Xcelerate coverage.

Reactions: J Williams
I bought the Xcelerate coverage, back in 2021. So far I had 6 claims with them. The firs 5 where pretty smooth and straight forward, but my last claim was a night mare - I believe its all because they implemented this new extra steps with cause of failure and all this.
In my experience tesla service doesn't want to communicate with xcelerate and I understand them, who want's to waste extra time if they can just deal with their customer. So all communication has to go through me. Now instead of going on my tasks for the day I have to be the messenger between them 2.

Example on my current service:
    1. I get the estimate from tesla
    2. Xcelerate wants the causes on it
      1. tesla says if you want that then you have to approve at least 1 h labor for them to inspect the items and update the invoice
      2. ask xcelerate that - they say I have to approve it since I will have to pay it if the item is not coverred
    3. I came with known tesla's design failure of halfshaft rattling when accelerating after a turn (replaced it already 2 times, this is 3rd one) and falcon wing door sensor
    4. All this back and forth takes time (hours)
      1. Tesla says that if I don't give them an answer quick they will have to reschedule my appointment for a time when I'm ready to repair it
A freind of mine has the Tesla extended warranty and the process is waay smoother. Telsa warranty costs a little bit more, but its worth to do that for a quick process and less headache and waste of time and money. I will definitely go with tesla's ESL, I don't recommend getting Xcelerate coverage.
Forgot to mention I have a 2018 Model X with 79k miles.

Reactions: J Williams