Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extended warranty transfer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The wife's MY was totaled 2 weeks ago. She had bought the extended warranty on some promotion last year so it had never even kicked in. The guy's insurance who hit us would not add that to the value of the car and the person I spoke to in the call center doesn't think it can be transferred to the new Y we just ordered. Anyone have experience with this?

The wife's MY was totaled 2 weeks ago. She had bought the extended warranty on some promotion last year so it had never even kicked in. The guy's insurance who hit us would not add that to the value of the car and the person I spoke to in the call center doesn't think it can be transferred to the new Y we just ordered. Anyone have experience with this?
Just cancel it, and re-purchase it on the new vehicle. Or leave the money in savings until you need it, and then buy it down the road.

Can I cancel my Extended Service Agreement?

Yes. You can request for a refund in the Tesla app if your Extended Service Agreement has not yet started. If you are planning to sell your vehicle but want to cancel your Extended Service Agreement, you must complete the cancelation process before transferring the vehicle to its new owner through Tesla.

If your Extended Service Agreement coverage has not yet started, cancel your Extended Service Agreement by following these steps:

1. Open the Tesla app.
  2. Select your vehicle.
  3. Tap ‘Upgrades.’
  4. Tap ‘Manage Upgrades.’
  5. Select ‘Extended Service Agreement.’
  6. Tap ‘Request Refund.’
  7. Follow the prompt to complete your cancelation.
If your Extended Service Agreement coverage has started, you may request to cancel your Extended Service agreement by completing the Extended Service Agreement Cancelation Form (wet signature required) and submitting the completed form to your nearest Tesla Service Center. The amount refunded will be pro-rated based on a few factors including claim history and remaining term balance. Refer to the ‘Cancelation’ section of your Extended Service Agreement Terms and Condition for additional information and the ‘Appendix’ of the Extended Service Agreement Cancelation Form.

• Helpful
Reactions: alain99