Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extended warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Anyone heard of this company for extended warranty?

They are offering lifetime battery warranty as long as you own the vehicle. The deductible is $250

Extremely unlikely you would ever need the battery replaced on a Tesla, you probably will have junked the car before the battery goes bad. Deductible is $250, but what is the Annual Premium for that coverage? Also, that coverage has exclusions for any kind of physical damage to the battery.

Last edited:
A little late to the thread here... XCare EV Protection now offers drive unit coverage for EVs under 7 years old or under 100,000 miles at time of contract!
You can purchase as a bundle and cover your original factory warranty items with XCare Premium or as stand alone coverage for the battery only. Check us out: EV Extended Warranty | Xcelerate Auto - xcelerateauto.com

Let us know if you have any questions!
-Team XCare

Last edited:
A little late to the thread here... XCare EV Protection now offers battery & drive unit coverage for EVs under 7 years old or under 100,000 miles at time of contract!
You can purchase as a bundle and cover your original factory warranty items with XCare Premium or as stand alone coverage for the battery and drive unit(s) only. Check us out: EV Extended Warranty | Xcelerate Auto - xcelerateauto.com

Let us know if you have any questions!
-Team XCare

I have a question about the battery coverage. On your website it states:
  • Battery claim eligible if HV battery retains less than 70% of manufacturer's capacity

What if the battery fails for reasons other than degradation? Like BMS errors or the host of other errors that members have reported on this forum that required a HV battery replacement. What about physical damage, like water intrusion for example?

It really comes down to this: Do you cover the cost of HV battery replacement regardless of reason if Tesla service says the HV battery needs to be replaced?

• Battery claim eligible if HV battery retains less than 70% of manufacturer's capacity

What if the battery fails for reasons other than degradation? Like BMS errors or the host of other errors that members have reported on this forum that required a HV battery replacement. What about physical damage, like water intrusion for example?

It really comes down to this: Do you cover the cost of HV battery replacement regardless of reason if Tesla service says the HV battery needs to be replaced?
Doubt they could cover physical damage or water damage. even Tesla wouldnt cover your battery if physically damaged or flooded. pretty sure you go through your auto insurance for that.

• Informative
Reactions: XCare EV

Failures are covered as well. And yes there are a host of items that can cause this. The battery would have had to fail due to normal usage and charging standards or through degradation in order to be covered.
Physical damage or water intrusion/flood damage is not covered under XCare in any way. (nor is it by Tesla).
In that case you would likely have to go through normal auto insurance depending on insurer.

Failures are covered as well. And yes there are a host of items that can cause this. The battery would have had to fail due to normal usage and charging standards or through degradation in order to be covered.
Physical damage or water intrusion/flood damage is not covered under XCare in any way. (nor is it by Tesla).
In that case you would likely have to go through normal auto insurance depending on insurer.
Thanks for your response. Makes sense.

I have a 2016 MX with HV battery and DU warranty expiring July 2024. Am I correct in that I need to purchase an extended warranty for HV battery and DU from you prior to the end of this year to remain eligible?

Thanks for your response. Makes sense.

I have a 2016 MX with HV battery and DU warranty expiring July 2024. Am I correct in that I need to purchase an extended warranty for HV battery and DU from you prior to the end of this year to remain eligible?
That is correct. Note that we take into account the remainder of that warranty but honestly the sooner you buy the better deal it is in the long run.

Reactions: snorp