Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extensive Driver Assist Tech Reaches the Corolla in 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SageBrush

REJECT Fascism
May 7, 2015
New Mexico
.. but radar cruise control is part of the $5k suite in the Model 3.
That marketing strategy is feeling stale.

All [Corolla] trims come standard with Toyota Safety Sense 2.0, a suite of features including automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection, intelligent cruise control, lane-departure warning, lane-keep assist, and even auto high beams. A new Lane Tracing Assistant feature allows the vehicle to follow the path of a preceding vehicle even when lane markings aren't present on highways. Blind-spot monitor is standard on top-trim XSE and optional on mid-grade SE models

As an owner of a Prius Prime with these features, I can say they are well implemented and work as intended.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
I hope you do know both systems aren't the same. The Toyota one is not that great. The lane keep assist just means playing ping pong, by the time it corrects you it is too late
If you are saying that the LKA assist in the Tesla is vastly better than the implementation in the Toyota, I agree 100%. I would go so far as to say they are different animals. The Tesla tries to drive the car in the lane; the Toyota recognizes when the driver is veering out of lane, gives an audible warning and pulls the car just enough in the other direction to give the driver time to react.

The Toyota suite is designed to be a safety assist, not pre-pre AP.
Tesla also puts a safety assist package in every Model 3 but does not include radar cruise control. It is that package distinction that stands out.